Monday, June 11, 2012

Tybee Island with BF Joy

I'm back from my trip to Georgia...actually I'm on the road again today driving over to my Mama's sister's house in Sarasota.  I thought y'all might like to see some photos of my recent trip up to Tybee Island {formerly known as Savannah Beach, Georgia}.  My BF Joy has moved into a darling beach cottage just about 4 doors down from the ocean!
"HERE'S WHAT I WORE" on the 6 hour roadtrip to be Tybee Island...my comfy "Hey Y'all" tee with khaki Bermudas.
I've had this cute little tee forever...'cuz it's cute and Southern!

My Accessories:  Lime green pony cap monogrammed in pink, white iPhone cover monogrammed in pink, Chanel sunglasses and pink croakies monogrammed in pink, pink and lime green Jack Rogers, a Lilly-fied pony flower, 'Oyster Perpetual' Rolex, pearl necklace and earrings, and 'Eternity' wedding band by Cartier.

I found this cute Lilly-fied basket purse on Re-Lilly last year.  I get a lot of compliments when I use it...everyone wants to make one!

Here I am with my BF Miss Joy...we've been friends since 1971 back in our hometown of Augusta.
One of my outfits at the beach...I'm wearing 'Malibu vintage shorts' by Lilly and tunic by Valerie Bertinelli.  Of course, my beach flip flops are turquoise and lime green.


Another one of my outfits at the beach...The shift is 'Cape Cod Blue Fresh Fish' by Lilly.

My accessories with the shift:  White Bermuda Bag, white 'Revas' by Tory Burch, white grosgrain pony bow, white iPhone cover, Miss Joy's Lilly 'Squeeze', Rolex 'Oyster Perpetual' watch, pearl necklace and earrings, and 'Eternity' wedding band by Cartier.

Miss Joy normally dresses in the same colors {turquoise, hot pink, and lime green} all the time...but this night she wore a black ruffle J Crew dress with cute black flip flops!  Miss Joy is a HUGE J Crew fan!!!


Here's a partial view of the front of her beach cottage...

The courtyard is decorated with her junkin' finds...all in her favorite colors!  It's a perfect spot to relax and people watch those coming and going to the beach.


Love this little bench!

Welcome to Miss Joy's bright and cheerful beach cottage. Joy operates Tybee Joy Vacation Rentals and has the cutest beach cottages on Tybee Island.  I spent a few days in "The Life of Tybee Joy" and trust me, she personally oversees the rental and upkeep of every cottage she manages.  Her properties are decorated with special touches of Joy's design and trust me, after seeing some of them, I wanted to go home and throw out all my dark stuff and start over, with Joy as my decorator.


Love this table in her foyer...

A pink sofa...LOVE this!  I spy a Lilly Pulitzer blanket on the back of the sofa.  Y'all will see more of that blanket from Miss Janice later.

All her favorite colors on the coffee table...with a splash of zebra print thrown in.

I was snapping photos with my iPhone and really didn't capture the colors of the dining room...it also has a view of the ocean!!!

This area is located in a sunroom, which Miss Joy uses as her home office.

Love the colors of chest, lamp, and Lilly canvas print in the hallway area.

A beautiful vintage chandelier and pretty Secretary...like everything in Joy's cottage, she refurbished these items herself.

LOVE Joy's bedroom and the girl can make beds look so cute!  I promise y'all, she has an unbelieveable amount of linens on hand to switch and swap in her rentals to make them all cottage-y and cozy!

But wait, since I left there a little over a week ago, she has changed her bedding...complete with new pictures and new rugs!

Love all the colors on the nightstand...I spy a Mary Kay Andrews book there!

Another cute little table in the bedroom...

Beachy-fied bath area...

This is one of the twin beds in the room where I stayed...

When I turned the quilt back, I discovered these fun red polka dot sheets.  Of course, that night I googled "polka dot sheets" for my home!!!


I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my friend Joy's home!  You can follow her on Twitter here and "like" her Facebook page here!

9 comments:

Simply Sara said...

I love it!! :)

Sara

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

SOL!!!! That is just what I did...SQUEALED OUT LOUD! OH my stars! Miss Joy is just too much for words. I adored every little square inch. What a happy home.

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

{Ashley} said...

I think it'd be nearly impossible to feel sad in a home like that! All the colors are so cute and cheerful!

Lori said...

Her home has a fun, carefree feel to it. Like being on a constant summer vacation. No wonder you enjoy her home so much. She has excellent taste.

Lori

Lisa said...

Miss Janice,
I don't know which was cuter, you or the sweet beach cottage! I think it's a tie!

Suburban Princess said...

Adorable! Now I want to visit there!

A Southern Preppy said...

What a wonderful post! I love all of the photos!! Beautiful!

Michelle said...

I am very inspired. Thank you both for sharing Miss Joy's home with all of us.

Glitterista said...

Wow, I am so glad you took so many pictures of Miss Joy's gorgeous home to share. I want to go home tonight and re-do my whole house in such a gorgeous color theme! ;)