Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Lilly-fied Luncheon & Fashion Show

Are you a Lilly girl? Lilly Pulitzer has been a designer of preppy fashions since the 60's and is the Queen of pink and green.

Today is such a big day for all of us Lilly lovers! Martha Stewart is honoring Lilly Pulitzer's Golden Jubilee on her show today and ALL the guests in the audience are Lilly fans and will be wearing their favorite Lilly outfit. I'm so happy for all of you who were able to attend the show and the social events yesterday...very lucky ladies!

To celebrate, I am hosting a Luncheon with a Lilly-fied tablescape. I've also lined up a fashion show, featuring a few Lilly lovers modeling their favorite Lilly outfits. This Lilly-inspired tablescape in pink and green is great for an outdoor luncheon--on the porch or by the pool. The food will be served plated-style at my Lilly-fied tablescape set on my front porch.

When I began planning this event, I sat down and relaxed with a glass of Two Buck Chuck and got some inspiration from Lilly herself... Essentially Lilly, A Guide to Colorful Entertaining, by Lilly Pulitzer and Jay Mulvaney--a must-have for all Lilly lovers!

Everyone loves to receive a party invitation in the mail...but on Lilly Pulitzer stationery, please! These darling pink and green party invitations are from the new line of Lilly stationery and paper products...they are a must-have for your preppy event!
The back side of the invitation and the envelope...
Shall we go out on the porch? As the hostess, I took the "worst seat"--the one without a view. Since I didn't have a guest of honor today, I sat the oldest lady to my right side and the next-to- the-oldest to my left side...leaving the youngest lady to sit across from me. Of course, my Lilly-lovin' friends always practice proper etiquette and stood behind their chairs until everyone had arrived at the table. Then, entering their chairs from the right-hand side, each one sat at the table very ladylike...on the edge of the chair...not leaning back. I picked up my Lilly napkin and placed it onto my lap, signaling to my guests that they may also place their napkins onto their laps. Lunch was served plated-style, serving the food from the left side of each guest and the beverages were poured on the right side of the guest...starting with the oldest lady to my right and continuing counter clockwise, serving myself last.
Let's take a look at the tablescape, shall we?
Pink and green are the colors of Lilly-dom. I have tried to use only Lilly products or products I've purchased at Lilly stores in setting this table. The pink charger plates are from C. Orrico, in Palm Beach, Florida and the cute Lilly green and pink melamine plates are from The Lazy Dazy, in Vero Beach, Florida. The pink and green tumblers are also from C. Orrico, in Palm Beach. How darling are the Lilly beverage umbrellas? I almost screamed when I saw these in the store (Swoozie's--Palm Beach Gardens, Florida)! The coasters are...of course, Lilly--another must-have for Miss Janice and these were also purchased at C. Orrico, Palm Beach. The napkins are tied with pink preppy-esque grosgrain ribbon and I believe I purchased these bandanna scarves on Ebay a couple of years ago--Ford Motor Company commissioned these to support breast cancer awareness.

I just love these Lilly plates...the set of four has a cat, a monkey, a giraffe, and a turtle...waaaay too cute and waaay too Lilly-fied!

I love using these bandanna scarves as napkins...and, here's another idea I saw this week on the Lilly blog--a Lilly fan had these monogrammed for her puppies and used them as a puppy kerchief...Miss Janice is definitely gonna get this done for Mlle. Coco Chanel!

Love these Lilly scarf-napkins!
Okay, look at these photos...too darling! After this luncheon, I'm gonna turn a napkin into a precious and preppy doggy kerchief!
Most girls who wear Lilly are preppy and proper...so, of course they know that one should never move these precious Lilly placecards (Swoozie's--Palm Beach Gardens, Florida). I have had the versatile bamboo flatware for many years and have no idea where I purchase this! Of course, the centerpiece of beautiful, fresh pink and green hydrangeas is low enough that my guests and I may chat without having to look over the flowers!

Love, love, love these Lilly placecards!

Bamboo flatware.....


I love hydrangeas and I especially love pink and green hydrangeas!

Don't forget your party favors y'all! I gave each guest a Lilly shift ornament. These are the cutest things ever...the little pockets even have the rick rack on them, just like the real thing! The little gift bags are adorned with Lilly ribbon in the "Wink" pattern.
Party favors at guests' settings...


Here's the menu I chose for the event:

Menu

Multi Grain Bread
Potato and Onion Frittata with Avocado and Salsa*
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Toasted Nuts*
Orange Iced Tea*
Cupcakes
Lilly-fied Champagne



*Recipe for Potato and Onion Frittata
Source--Essentially Lilly, A Guide to Colorful Entertaining, Lilly Pulitzer and Jay Mulvaney

2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
12 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium Spanish onion, peeled, chopped
1 cup chopped green onions (from 1 bunch)
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
1 large avocado, peeled, sliced
Sour cream
Fresh salsa

Bring medium pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well; rinse with cold water.
Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend well.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent and tender, about 6 minutes. Add green onions and saute until just wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in cooked potatoes. Pour egg mixture over potato-and-onion mixture in skillet; reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until eggs are set around edges of pan, about 12 minutes.
Preheat boiler. Uncover skillet and sprinkle frittata with grated cheese, broil, watching carefully, until cheese melts and browns in spots and frittata is set in center, about 4 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and transfer to plates. Top each wedge of frittata with 1/4 of avocado slices. Serve, passing sour cream and salsa separately.
~Serves 6~


*Recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Toasted Nuts

Source--Essentially Lilly, A Guide to Colorful Entertaining, Lilly Pulitzer and Jay Mulvaney


2 pounds fresh asparagus
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts or toasted pine nuts
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Bend ends of asparagus, snapping where they break naturally. Discard tough ends. Spread asparagus out in single layer on large rimmed baking sheet. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice in small bowl. Brush asparagus with mixture, turning to coat all sides. Sprinkle asparagus generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Roast asparagus until crisp-tender, bright green and just beginning to brown in spots, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle toasted nuts over asparagus and serve.

*Recipe for Orange Iced Tea

Source: Essentially Lilly, A Guide to Colorful Entertaining, Lilly Pulitzer and Jay Mulvaney

Stir equal parts of your favorite iced tea with fresh squeezed orange juice. Ice if you like and add a big slice of orange.

Great foods for lunch...


Here's the dessert table...Pink Cupcakes and Lilly-fied Champagne--a perfect combination! Y'all know Miss Janice likes to serve a "signature beverage" and pink lemonade and champagne are perfect for this lunch...oh so Lilly-fied!





It's all about the Lilly shift y'all! That's the centerpiece for this setting...this shift is one of my favorite Lilly pieces. I love the colors of hot pink and lime green, I love the rick rack on the pockets, and I love the bows on the bottom side splits! Sometimes I accessorize it with the lime green sweater shown--sometimes a hot pink sweater. I might wear a white straw hat and my white Lilly "daisy" sandals, or my pink Lilly mules with the Amanda Bea purse (purchased at a Lilly store waaay up north somewhere)--it just depends on my mood...but I always wear my pearls with my Lilly!!!










Y'all know Miss Janice will use paper plates and napkins, but they simply must be stylish! Check out these too-dang-cute paper plates and napkins! The beverage napkins, luncheon napkins, and dessert plates are the precious Taboo pattern by Lilly...I just love it all!



The pink frosted cupcakes became a little more festive by adding little banners I made from all the Lilly fabric patterns. What's my favorite pattern--Jubilee Toile!





Now, let's bring on the Lilly Fashion Show.


Our first model is Melanie, from PinkWashingtoniette. Melanie is a design student at Cornell University. She is one of the lucky ladies who traveled to New York City to attend the social gathering last evening at the Lilly Madison Avenue Townhouse and was a guest on the Martha Stewart show today! She is super preppy, intelligent and beautiful! I so enjoy her stylish blog. Stop by and visit with her...she features some awesome Lilly dresses! In this photo, Melanie (on the left) is wearing her favorite Lilly and posing with her best friend while visiting France.

Next up is Amanda, at AmandaCBee. She says "There is nothing better than some pink and green"! This photo is of Amanda sailing on the Severn. She practically lives in the Lilly white jean jacket and the Lilly Caprice top in the summer. Check out the Lilly sunglasses and the Lilly cuff. Her coozie even matches her top. While you cannot see them, she's wearing her white patent McKims (another summer staple). This is one of her favorite outfits to wear and she can't wait for it to warm up so she can pull it out of storage. She is definitely workin' that Lilly!

In the next photo, Lorelai, the daughter of SBelle-LifeofaSouthernBelle, is shown in a beautiful Lilly dress she wore as an option photo for her high school graduation. Southern Belle's site is awesome and I feel like I know Lorelai and her brother Legare (don't y'all just love those names)? After reading about Lorelai on Southern Belle's blog, I know that she is not just a pretty face, but she is beautiful on the inside as well! Drop by for a visit with the Southern Belle, you will love her!


Next up is College Prepster. She's a classy and gorgeous college freshman and loves all things preppy! Just like Miss Janice, she has an obsession with bows and monograms! She wore this lovely Lilly dress to her prom. She said "It was a pretty bold statement considering most girls go with a cliche BCBG gown. I felt like I stood out in my pink and green frock, but definitely in a good way. One of my guy friends came up to me and said that he loved my dress because most girls wear boring red or black. I thought it was adorable that this sweet boy mentioned this to me. I sent a picture to Lilly and it was used in a promotional booklet for wholesalers. The owner of my local Signature Store called me immediately to inform me. So exciting"!

"I had an extremely hard time deciding what picture to send in! I have worn Lilly to so many important events, my NJHS induction, Gold and Black ceremony, and graduation, just to name a few. But my prom dress is unique. I loved wearing it"!!!



QueenBeeSwain is up next. I was instantly drawn to her blog--she's a Masters baby, and being from Augusta, I understand how important it is to let others know you were born on Masters Sunday! She is a lover of the British Royal family...so is Miss Janice...and she's definitely "cute as a button." Check out her darling blog and look for her "New York Times Wedding of the Week" posts....again, I thought I was the only one who read wedding announcements in other newspapers. Today she is modeling her fav' Lilly dress:) She "picked it up two summers ago, and it's ever so comfortable and flattering-loose enough that one can manage some serious damage with Bananas Foster at dinner, but fitted enough that one looks lady-like." She can't recall the name of the print, but just loves the little crabs and the poison-apple green color. The necklace is a triple-strand freshwater pearl necklace that she bought last spring for her twenty-fifth birthday at the Lilly signature store in the Twin Cities-Melly.Next up and modeling her fav' summer dress is CancerSucksEvenWithLillyPulitzerOnYourSide. Wow...I just love her blog and would love to meet her some day! She takes everyone along with her as she lives her life as a cancer survivor and raises her three children...and she does it all with Lilly on her side. She's even listed on the LillyBlog as one of their faves...how awesome is that?! She is another one of the ladies attending the festivities in New York City yesterday and today! Here she is last year at the Lilly Pulitzer warehouse sale. Look at this cute girl, wearing her darling Lilly shift...with all her new Lilly loot! When you visit her site, don't miss her "Tips to survive shopping at the Lilly warehouse sale"...you will love it!



Now, all y'all surely know the next model--Hopsy, at KappaPrep. Okay, first let me say that I'm so excited for her. She, of course, is listed on Lilly's blog as a fav', and is in New York today as a guest on the Martha Stewart Show. She was invited by Lilly Pulitzer to host the Meet & Greet event last night at the Lilly Madison Avenue Town House. CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE???!!!! Hopsy has the most amazing lifestyle and blog. But, above all the glamour and her fantastic social life, she truly seems to be the sweetest girl ever...so well mannered and just a classy young lady! Hopsy, I don't need to purchase anymore fashion magazines, you are my "official fashion guru"! Lord Have Mercy!!!!! I have just heard that Miss Hospsy was interviewed by Miss Martha--on the show!!!! I can hardly stand it!
Last, but not least, is my BF--Teresa Jane. This photo is from the early 80's and was taken at the Masters Golf Tournament in our hometown of Augusta, Georgia. Here she is in her green shirt and a pink floral Lilly skirt. She wanted to honor Lilly today and just loves this photo with her and pro golfer, Ben Crenshaw! In addition to being my best friend evah...Teresa Jane is an awesome website designer and greeting card designer. She loves to bring those two talents together into her scrapbooking obsession.
Thank you so much to the ladies who participated in today's Lilly Fashion Show. You are all just "too cute." I promised a prize to the winner and now, I am requesting that you my readers, decide who should get the prize. Please vote (by leaving your comment) for only one girl who "Wears Lilly the Best." The deadline for your votes is Sunday, March 15, 2009, at midnight, eastern standard time. Let's take a peek at what the lucky Lilly lover will win...From left to right: A stack of Lilly Pulitzer Circle Notes--in the Mumsie pattern, A Lilly Pulitzer Notebook--in the Cabanarama pattern; and Lilly Pulitzer Shift Dress Note Cards!


I am linking this post to the "Spring Fling Event." Please visit The Decorating Voice for great decorating ideas for Spring!

Thank you all for stopping by for a visit. Remember...

"Wear pink and make the boys wink"!
Lilly Pulitzer

85 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a GREAT party!!!

You always put together the most fabulous events. It makes me wish I lived by you!

Sandra said...

This was so great Miss Janice! I think I would come to Florida just to have lunch with you! I can't pink just one - all the models were so precious! I just can't - sorry ;-( Love your blog!! xoxo

Mona said...

I heart this post! It makes me so happy!!

All the models are lovely. But, I must give my vote to Hopsy.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

What a beautiful party. Your attention to all the details is superb! I loved the flower arrangements, hydrangeas are my favorite flowers. The cupcakes were too cute as was the centerpiece on the food table. Loved it all. You all looked so springy!

Teresa Jane said...

Everyone looks gorgeous and it's hard to decide but my vote goes to Melanie. The post was awesome and I want to gobble up those cupcakes. All this pink and green is definately right up Miss Janice's alley.
Teresa Jane

Sue said...

What a precious table. Oh how I would love to be there with you for this lovely luncheon.
All of the models look great but Miss Hopsy has my vote, she is the quintessential Lilly representative.

QueenBeeSwain said...

Oooooh, we all had so much fun at your party, thank you for hosting such a lovely luncheon, you are a dear Miss Janice! Loved the Jubilee prints crafted into flags, btw.

We all look so darling- tie between your bestie and Cancer Sucks- bestie at the Masters with Ben AND in Lilly is too much, but CS could not be more precious in her shift at the Lilly sale :)

kHm

With Love from New Orleans said...

Amazing! As always! You do it the best Miss Janice!

Kara said...

I vote for College Prepster! Although eveone is lovely! 'College' just looks lie a Lilly., fresh, young, excited and regal.
I am sick, sick sick with envy, that I wasn't at your deelightful Lilly-fied Luncheon & Fashion Show....how lovely,fresh, fashionable and simply gorgeous...you make it all look so very easy, and we know it isn't! Well Done!
Miss Kara

Tootsie said...

what a beautiful display for a great party!!!!!

Pug1 said...

FANTASTIC!!!! WOWeee!!! LUV it! I think you should have your own show on television! CHEERS! Michele

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great "Lilly lovin' Luncheon"! I think the award goes to you for making pink and green so delicious (and fun!)
See ya!

Unknown said...

Oh Miss Janice,

What a pretty party!! Great job. Love the dresses and the dishes.

Cynthia

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What a lovely girlie gathering!
The colors, the table, the decor, all so perfect for a ladies luncheon.
Girl......you, are living the life!

Anonymous said...

This has been a wonderful post to read - a true visual feast! Your taste is exquisite Miss Janice! This has made me grow to love Lilly P even more! I love your bamboo flatware - I can see why you get so much use from it! As for voting - I would have to vote for Hopsy, as she is my long standing bloggy chum and looks fabuloso in this photo. If I had a second vote it would be for the Queen Bee - she is a darling and I love the poison green!

Paula@SweetPea said...

I oooed and ahhed over each of your pictures. What a fun party!

It is hard to vote in your contest. My pick is College Prepster.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Miss Janice,

What a fun party! That table was so sweet and pretty! Love all the ladies, but my vote goes to Miss Hopsy.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

They all look fabulous.

Thanks so much for doing this. The post is inspiring and just gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was so lovely and I appreciate the invitation! The table was absolutely gorgeous! Scarves are a fabulous napkin idea.

Blondie's Journal said...

Miss Janice,

This was just a fabulous luncheon & fashion show, I just had the best time. And it did take quite a bit of time to absorb all the detail in your pictures and narrative!! I just love all of your imaginative ideas and tips!

I believe I will vote for College Prepster. She looks so young and fresh in that darling Lilly dress she wore for the prom. But I applaud all the models and you of course, for another wonderful post!

xoxo
Jane

bj said...

Miss Janice, talk about a PARTY PLANNER...boy howdy, YOU ARE IT.
What a marvelous affair, my dear.
That whole post has me smiling!
xo bj

QueenBeeSwain said...

PS- tagged you!

love the flatware and so jeal that you can't recall where you got it- best stuff is always stuff that peeps can't have ;)

kHm

Stephanie said...

This is so fun! I love your tablescape, attention to detail and respect for manners. This was a fun read.

Her Preppiness said...

Totally fabulous!!!!

Tardevil said...

That table and everything on it was just delicious! Pink and green is so spring and summer! I can't wait.

Leah said...

What a great post! I loved looking at the beautiful tablescape and the wonderful fashion show. I loved ALL of the Lilly-wear!

Unknown said...

Your get togethers are always so wonderful! Wish I lived near you. Happy Wednesday, Esther

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

What a fabulous event!! I LOVE your placesettings!!

And as for my vote...we can only vote for one? They are all stunning and fabulous. But because her story is such an inspiriation, I vote for Cancer Sucks.

What Kate Wore said...

Miss Janice, we are running out of adjectives to talk about your divine party, and the oh-so-lovely ladies in their dresses! We can't begin to name one, they all look so very pretty!

And the party itself, this really should be a magazine article, or an entire post over at the Lilly blog. You are just so creative, I am in awe of your talent!

Jewel Sauls said...

What a beautiful table! Lilly would be proud!!! :D Jewel

Miss Janice said...

Mona, I was unable to e-mail my thanks for your sweet comments...Lilly = happy!

KBeau said...

That is just too cute. Thanks for the recipes and the fashion show.

ellen b. said...

Oh Miss Janice, Your killin me with this post. I love the hot pink and green tablescape and everything else I'm seeing as I scroll down. Just fabulous. Happy TT!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Miss Janice...great Lilly party! Every detail was perfect! You must have worn yourself slap out running around finding all of the wonderful pink and green goodies!! Enjoyed the fashion show! BTW...how is your friend doing?? Have a great weekeknd...hugs...Debbie

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Beautiful Miss Janice!

smooches,
Larie

Martha said...

What a fun tablescape! Love the colors.

Katy said...

Everything you pulled together for this party was absolutely divine! I adore the color scheme and style. Thanks so much for sharing, I will definately be watching your blog! ~Katy (Plucky)

Deb said...

What a wonderful time! Everything was so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! You really do know how to throw the most wonderful party! I love everything. The pink and green are so happy together. Those little plates are adorable!
I would have loved to sit at the table. I'd sit where there wasn't a view! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

xinex said...

What a fun event! I love Lilly's colors. The plates are outstanding and your tablescape is so pretty!..Christine

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

These are some of my favorite colors. This was sooo cute. I love those dishes and that table. Wow. Great event. Wonderful post.
Blessings,
Debbie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I must be a Lilly girl. Didn't know it...but I love the colors and the patterns. So cute, as always!

Chandy said...

Lovely post! And that tablescape is so fun!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Miss Janice, this is without a doubt, one of the cutest parties ever!

Where do I start?

From the fabulous Lily colors to the Lily table acessories to the rattan-handled flatware to the hydrangea centerpiece to those amazing cupcakes with the adorable Lily flags to the dress form adorned in Lily to the pink lemonade to the precous party favors... it was such a festive, fun party! Oh, how I wish I could have been a guest or even a fly on the wall!

Thanks so much for inviting us along to be cyber guests at your Lily party. Only I wouldn't call it a party, I'd call it an extravaganza! It truly was amazing!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Beth Dunn said...

That looks like the best luncheon ever! I love the place settings. Thank you for sharing! I want to go to a party like that.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Wow - gorgeous.....my favorite is the pink and green combination everywhere.....one of the best combos ever! Linda

Kathleen Ellis said...

Miss Janice,
Thank you for the lovely Lilly luncheon and fashion show...it was so much fun!
One of the most pleasant afternoons I've ever had!
As usual, you thought of every precious detail, you're such a fabulous hostess!
Have a fabulous day!
;-D

Candy said...

Loved, loved, loved the party! GIRL!!! Center piece and party favors too cute.
It was difficult but I think I have to vote for College Prepster. Bold and classy. I'm a hula dancing chick and she is set to hula in that tropical setting.
Three cheers for the pink & green!
Candy

Unknown said...

What total fun! Love the pink and green hydrangeas!

PAT said...

Fabulous party, Miss Janice!

The menu looks wonderful.

Broady said...

So did Miss Janice actually have a luncheon at her home and photograph the preparations/decor, or did she do all of this for the benefit of her blog followers? Trying to figure out what "hosting a party" on a blog really means. Thanks!

playsdolls said...

What a delightful post,everthing was so beautiful.Love the pinks and greens they are one of my favorite combos.We are fixing to decorate my 6 year old grand daughters bed room with pink and lime green.

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh!!! You've just sent me into a tizzy!!! Your tablescape and buffet is DELIGHTFUL!! I'm counting my pennies and wondering were the nearest Lily Pulitzer store is? Do I have to fly across the country to Florida!
What a great fashion show and such wonderful women!

LillyB said...

I looks like the party was a HUGE success!! Every detail...so perfect..so YOU!! Thank you for sharing with us!!!
Love Lilly

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Miss Janice,
This is a truly amazing party down to every last detail.
I don't know what I like the best. I will have to say how precious the little flags are in the cupcakes. I'm just so impressed and really wishing I was invited.
FUN FUN!

I'm officially on the hunt for a Green and Pink bandana for Chestnut.
"He" won't mind...

Have a wonderful day.
~Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...

Oops I forgot to vote.

I'm basing it on my favorite dress and it's the "long" one.

Very pretty and flowery!

Posh Peach said...

What a fabulous tablescape and luncheon! I absolutely adore it. I'm so glad I came across your blog and I look forward to reading more.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful table! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

Hopsy said...

What a fabulous out of this world party! I too always wear pearls with my Lilly. In fact, I was quite sad when they asked me to take my necklace off yesterday. It kept hitting the microphone though so there was no way around it. I too have that fabulous sunflower shift dress, it is a personal favorite of mine! This was such a fun luncheon and after some thought my vote goes to Queen Bee Swain. EVERYONE looked fabulous and hit the ball out of the park just as you have done by hosting!

Kathleen said...

I would have loved to be at that party! It brings back such memories of my pink and green days!
Great party..the setting are terrific..
Looks like so much fun!

Bo said...

Another awesome event from you Miss Janice! Beautiful table, menu & style show...OK, if I can only choose one to vote for...I guess it'll be College Prepster...her dress is gorgeous! ;-) Bo

A Hint of Home said...

Your party looks like so much fun. Your table is gorgeous and the food looks divine. I love your special touches.
I think Melanie looks great!

Southern Savvy said...

What a fantastic party. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

Ashley Turner said...

Miss Janice this post was too good!!! I would have loved to participate, but I have a confession - I have never bought anything Lilly before - though seeing your post makes me want to!!!

This was sooo creative of you and the tables were amazing - I just had to leave you an award on my blog for all your work on this post!

Missy Wertz said...

Don't you just love Lilly P.! How fun!

Pug1 said...

Hi Miss Janice! Just letting you know I did get your message!!!!! Have a great weekend! CHEERS! Michele

Dream Mom said...

Wow, I just love it! If the table weren't cute enough, the dessert table was over the top. I would love to have lunch with the ladies like this! Beautiful!

AEOT said...

I must vote for College Prepster. She looks adorable in that dress, and I'm sure she stood out in the typical "prom" crowd in a very lovely way.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

OH
My
GOSH!

My jaw just dropped. Your parties are AMAZING! Your tablescape was superb. I just can't even believe the details you put into this, Miss Janice. Wow. That's pretty much all I can say! ;)

You are an awesome woman!!! A girl after my own preppy heart!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

What a fun post, Janice! Love you table setting, those glasses and placecards are fantastic! And I adore you Lilly Pulitzer ansemble! I am a huge fan of pink and green together...so I love seeing all the cute plates, napkins and clothes! :-) Susan

Lady Katherine said...

All the ladies are so pretty! The are all winners! No help here. I love your lunch. I love the pink chargers so much!!! Flowers are beautiful! I love your cupcake stand!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

What a beautiful luncheon you gave Miss Janice! The "style show" was lovely as well! =) Thanks for letting us feel a part of it all.

cancersucks said...

Thank you so much for including me, Miss Janice. I would love to "lunch" with you some day, too! Do you want me to send you some of the Lilly cups? Take care.

Beaufort Belle said...

Thank you Miss Janice for your wonderful invitation to your Lilly-fied luncheon and fashion show. As always, I felt welcomed immediately. The food was delicious and I so appreciated you sharing the recipes with us, and the decor was just darling. I hope to visit with you again soon.

Best wishes,
Beaufort Belle


In addition, I vote for Hopsy as winner of the fashion show!

Sherrie said...

I would love to come to lunch at your house!

Anonymous said...

Now I have clamed down after your tablescape (seriously) - have an award fo you on my blog -ra!

Princess Freckles said...

What an amazing party!!!! I'm so sorry I forgot to enter the fashion show! :(

You are my new favorite blogger. I was thinking about you yesterday while my fiance and I were start our registery at Macy's. I cannot decide on a crystal pattern or flatware!

I love the tabel setting. This has inspired me to have a Lilly themed shower. I'm sure my mother will love the idea!

Amy said...

AMAZING!!! I am in love with the colors and decor...guess that is why I love Lilly so much. Fantastic!

Amy

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

Hello Miss Janice, I just found you and love, love, love your blog! Oh my, I am going to have so much fun reading your posts. I could learn so much. Your table scape was a breathtaking. What an inspiration your talent is! :)

Suzanne said...

Beyond fabulous!

Kate said...

I just found your blog (a bit late) and WOW, your party looks like so much fun!

Blahg said...

Dear Miss Janice,

I just love your tablescape and the many inspiring ways you promote Lilly. I am planning a party for our family reunion here in Pawleys Island, SC called, "Bold and Bright Lilly Night". The guests are asked to wear their favorite Lilly/ bright preppy attire. I'll be using all three Lilly party tableware patterns and decorating our trees with coordinating brightly-colored Japanese lanterns that will illuminate around us during dinner.

I wanted to ask you, where do you think the best online source is for grosgrain ribbon? I love how you used the ribbon for napkin rings and I plan on doing the same.

Many thanks for being wonderful preppy inspiration. I look forward to your reply.

Alison

Unknown said...

Hi! Can you or anyone else on the blog tell me the name of the plates that you have on the picture at the top of your page where it says: "Etiquete with Miss Janice" (the one that has the bunny and the plates are bellow a jar filled with tulips) Thank you!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wow! I love your blog. So very creative so proper.....
The pink and green tablescape is wonderful. I love all of the details.
I am so looking forward to viewing all of your other blogging posts. Thank you for sharing.

The enchanted home said...

What an amazing event!! Love LP and so happy to have found your wonderful blog! Am your newest follower...please visit me too, at my newish blog about the building of our house and my love for design and decor. Your tablescape is GORGEOUS...love all the touches....magnifique!

www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com