Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Girls Raised in the South LOVE Dumplings

Yesterday, I had to run some errands..."Here's What I Wore"  The capris are by Lilly and the pink gingham blouse is by Izod

My Accessories:  The monogrammed 'Trouble Hibiscus' tumbler is by Lilly.  I used my white iPhone cover monogrammed in pink and wore a bit of 'Wink' Lilly fragrance.  The white mules are by Lilly.  My ponytail bow is pink grosgrain and I wore my pearl necklace and earrings, with my 'Eternity' wedding band by Cartier and 'Oyster Perpetual' Rolex.

I carried this cute little 'All a Flutter' wristlet by Lilly...
Later in the day, it was time to prepare dinner for Miss Pauline and my husband.  I decided to go with Chicken and Dumplings--one of their favorite dishes...none for moi, of course {although I do love them--must stick with my clean eating diet!}  Here I am with a goblet of iced tea...wearing my G.R.I.T.S.--Girls Raised in the South apron...from my "Prissy Apron Collection."

I used Mary Hill Dumplings...of course!!!  So very Southern.

Mama has used Mary Hill Dumplings to prepare her Chicken and Dumplings for years.  No wonder, 'cuz they are very close to homemade and the company is located in Mama's hometown of Hazlehurst, Georgia.  Ms Hill started the company but doesn't actually own the company any longer.
Now y'all know my dinnerware had to coordinate with my outfit...pink gingham!


The Chicken and Dumplings and green beans...

 Cornbread and sliced tomatoes.  Gotta keep it Southern for Miss Pauline!



You can find these delicious dumplings in the frozen section of Walmart.
Miss Pauline's {AKA Mary Hill's} Easy Chicken and Dumplings recipe:
Place the chicken in a large pot and add water to cover, cook until tender.  Remove the chicken, and remove any skin and bone.  Bring the chicken broth to a boil and drop the dumplings one at a time.  Stir the dumplings very gently...adding more chicken broth.  Turn the heat to low, cover, and cook 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally...gently!  You can add the chicken back to the pot or add it to the dumplings, plated. 

12 comments:

lisa buck said...

oh my heavens....chicken & dumplings is what is called for on this rainy day. Thanks for the recipe! I will let you know how they turn out :)

xoxo,
lisa

Unknown said...

Yummy! That's an esy recipe, too!

Unknown said...

Yummy and EASY!

Dee Stephens said...

I love me some dumplings too!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Oh now you look just darling! Don't you just adored the Lilly wristlets! Miss Pauline is too lucky, yummy chicky n dumplings!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Those dumplings are the way to go! My dad's family always made the dough-ball style dumplings, but husbands family taught me the ways of flat dumplings. I do it both ways and use a modified version of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade recipe.

jeanie said...

Your chicen and dumplings look so good! Nothing says comfort food any better than dumplings!

{Ashley} said...

I LOVE chicken and dumplings!

Chaos Cottage said...

Oh yes we do! Even us transplanted southerners. Born up north, but raised by southern parents and now living in the south! Love me some dumplin's.

Pam

Tammy B said...

I love chicken & dumplin's. I've been eating Cracker Barrel dumplin's the past few weekends. My mother uses Mary B's. They are good also. I need to do your clean eating diet. Summer is a good time to fill up on fresh fruits and vegetables.

AngelaV said...

Chicken and dumplins are my favorite. And I love your pink gingham.

Lori said...

Mmmm. . .looks so good!! The power of suggestion. .lol. Now I will be making a run to the grocery tomorrow.

Lori