Monday, July 2, 2012

Prissy Lunch with BF Joan

I wanted to introduce to y'all my BF Joan Allen Hart...I was happy to visit with her in her home when I was in Augusta recently for the wedding of my late BF Teresa Jane's son.  Here's a snapshot of the wedding party.  I absolutely LOVE this photo.  Looking at this, my wedding album seems so dull and boring now!


The thoughtful bride and groom left a bouquet of flowers in the seat for the grooms' mama...my BF Teresa Jane!  Broke my heart.

"HERE'S WHAT I WORE"  The caspian blue 'Blakely' dress is by J. Crew and the lime green monogrammed sash is by Annabelle Laroque.

My Accessories:  A blue Ferragamo pocketbook, blue Tory Burch Revas, a lime green iPhone cover, pearl necklace and studs, 'Eternity' wedding band by Cartier, and a Chanel hair barrette.


This is my BF Joan Hart Allen.  She invited me and our other BF Miss Joy over for a girls prissy lunch.  Joy and I both have been friends with Joan since 1971.  She's a real estate agent and lives at Westlake in Evans with her husband!  Joan was raised out in the country in Warrenton, Georgia and comes from a "fine family"...as they say in the South!  Unfortunately, Joan is grieving the recent loss of both her mama and her daddy.  They died within a few months of each other.  Joan is a fine Christian Southern lady and her home is just beautiful...very Southern!


I'm hanging out by her silver service set.  "HERE'S WHAT I WORE"  The shift is 'Shrimp Cocktail' by Lilly and the pink cardigan is also by Lilly.

My Accessories:  Pink monogrammed Bermuda Bag is by Lilly as are the pink mules.  I wore my pearl necklace and studs, my 'Oyster Perpetual' Rolex, and my 'Eternity' wedding band by Cartier.  iPhone cover...pink!

Miss Joy and Miss Joan...

The three of us...friends for a long, long time!

I can take some of the silliest photos...this is Joan's backyard...backing up to the golf course at Westlake Country Club.

In her kitchen...

Joan has cabinets full of Fitz and Floyd 'French Market Pig' dinnerware...you can see the fabulous tureen and platter on the bottom shelf.

Joan also has a fabulous collection of Arthur Court platters.

The breakfast room overlooks the golf course.

Her formal dining room...with a fireplace!  The table is set for 3...

Traditional sideboard in the dining room.

Joan used her Noritake 'Salvador' china for this prissy lunch.  Of course she made sure to have sterling iced teaspoons at each setting.


The Menu:

Green Jacket Salad
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole*
Roasted Potatoes
Grilled Parmesan Tomatoes
Grilled Asparagus


Sister Schubert Rolls
Southern Iced Tea


Dessert and Coffee...Apple pie with vanilla ice cream AND strawberry shortcake.  {Obviously, I fell off the "Clean Living" diet for the day!}

Joan was such a gracious hostess and it was so fun being with my two good friends!  Joan gave me a copy of "Streams in the Desert".  This a a wonderful gift to give...it contains a full year of daily devotions and I'm really enjoying it!

Recipe for Miss Joan's Chicken and Broccoli Casserole:

2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2-3 crowns of broccoli, cooked
2     cans of Cream of Chicken soup
1/2  cup of Hellman's mayo
1/4  tsp squeezed lemon
1/4   tsp curry powder
1/2   cup cheddar cheese, grated
1     can French's fried onions

Boil chicken breasts in salted water until cooked.  Remove from broth and cool.  Slice broccoli crowns or chop and cook for a few minutes until tender.  Arrange broccoli in a casserole dish.  Mix cream of chicken soup, mayo, lemon juice, and curry powder together well and then stir in cooked chicken, pour over the broccoli and then sprinkle cheese over mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and remove and add fried onions and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes or until fried onions are brown and remove and let stand for 5 minutes.



I can't wait to go back to Georgia and visit my BF's and I'm so grateful for our long-time friendships.

Thank you stopping by to visit with me today!

11 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

My husband is from Warrenton!

Natalie said...

Miss Janice, you look beautiful in your wedding attire! The color combination is to due for! Love the sash too!

AngelaV said...

I love absolutely everything! (Except I would use Dukes mayo, being a good Virginia girl).

Anonymous said...

Isn't the napkin supposed to be on the far left, rather than next to the plate?

bj said...

What a great post...included your pretty clothes, friends, houses and good food.
There's nothing in the world like being with true, good friends. I treasure each time I am able to do this. :)
hugs, bj

Rose said...

Love the outfits and the tour. Thanks for sharing!!

Miss Janice said...

Dear Faun,

In the most proper place, the napkin should be placed on top of the plate. However, it may be placed to the left side of the plate {to the left of the forks}, under the plate, in the goblet, wrapped around flatware, or any other place the hostess chooses to display them. So yes, you are correct. The forks should have been nearest to the plate.

My dear friend and hostess Joan is not an etiquette expert {nor are any of my friends} and I would never have pointed this out to her. But now that you have, she will know.

Regards,

Miss Janice

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

As long as you're in good and gracious company, I don't think it matters one bit where the napkins are. Miss Janice, you are such a good guest- it would have been terribly rude to point that out. Bravo to you for handling it with such tact and decorum.

Kathie Truitt said...

Of course you know how I am about your pictures....but when I got to the one of the bouquet in Teresa Jane's chair my heart just sank. And while you looked beautiful at the wedding, I couldn't help but notice the sadness in your eyes. I'm so glad you were there.

linda said...

You all look beautiful ,and your wedding outfit looks fantastic on you- just lovely!!!
-linda,ny

Lori said...

Joan's home is certainly lovely. Looks and sounds like she's a fabulous cook. The bouquet in the chair was sweet and endearing. It touched my heart.

Lori