Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Welcome To My New Front Porch!

I told y'all I was gonna paint the house yellow and I love the color--it's Benjamin Moore 'Humblegold Yellow'.  I've just replanted the front gardens so the plants and flowers are itty bitty.

I am embracing my Florida lifestyle, so flamingos are scattered everywhere!

Yes ma'am, I put these darling little babies out front!

The new porch gate has been installed...

It's "Flip Flop Season" y'all!

A bright-colored wreath was mandatory!

Flamingos and Flip Flops...

I painted the old bench a sweet blue and had some pillows made using the Lilly 'Hotty Pink First Impression' fabric...

I ended up using blue, pink, and yellow as my colors on the porch.

The cute flamingo pillow is from my BJ Joy...she found it at Ikea.

Seashells displayed on a HomeGoods find.

Last night we enjoyed Happy Hour, aka "Merlot Hour" on the porch.

Crap dip and cheeseball appetizers...



This was my view as the sun began to set over Florida.

The table set for supper--with pink, white, and blue.

The Lilly 'Hotty Pink First Impression' napkins were custom-made and adorned with light blue seahorse napkin rings.

Monogram mania!

My new rule for sipping beverages on the front porch!



19 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks fantastic Miss Janice!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

I am simply smitten, kitten!!! These pictures just helped me make a MAJOR decision hon! Thanks for the inspiration I needed. You see I had lunch with my principal yesterday and I get to keep my huge kindergarten classroom...The Swamp!! So I was having a terrible time going back and forth on a new theme or my Lilly-fied beloved Gators! I am keeping The Swamp...I think I may need to add me some flamingos!!! Happy times at The Roost and in The Swamp! You are fanTABulous Miss Janice!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled
(Off for some new cute Lilly loot!!)

Mona said...

Love, Love, Love!! You've captured both preppy, and my idea of FL (think Miami Vice & The Golden Girls - in a good way) all in one! A cheerful area to "roost"!
xx

DawnW said...

The yellow looks fabulous!! Great choice!

Lori said...

I am loving the new porch!! I embrace the Florida lifestyle too and love it when others do too. It's unique and happy. Miss Joy will be so proud of your porch! Great job Janice!!

Mimi said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!!! I could just sip on drinks with little umbrellas all day on your beautiful, bright porch!

Beth Dunn said...

Oh Miss Janice! That is awesome. I love it. I wish I could come wipe my flops and sit down there with a cool drink with you
xoxo
SC

Anonymous said...

Your home looks marvelous in yellow and your little gate is charming! I love how you've decorated your front porch! The colors just pop!
Love your little wreath too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anastasia Schembri said...

Love the porch and the yellow! Everything looks just darling, exactly as I have imagined it!

My Cherie Amour said...

I love it. So cheerful!!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love that flip flop wreath -- this looks like the perfect spot for "merlot hour"!

Natalie said...

I finally have a front porch! So far I have 1 single and 1 double Adirondack chair. I need to get more!

Merry Wife said...

How I'd love to have a drink on that porch! It turned out beautifully, Miss Janice!

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

oh how pretty!!!!!

Alison said...

I know your not supposed to, but I am pea green with envy. The calendar may say April, but over here it still feels like February. Flip flops would result in frost bite! LOL!

Ali x

annie said...

I have always loved yellow houses. Sunny and bright and welcoming.
Nice job and the flamingos are the cutest touch.

Unknown said...

Just beautiful (as if it would be anything less). Love it!
Happy Sunday,
Laurie
Lulu and Daisy

Unknown said...

Your porch looks amazing, Janice. Its pink them really feels like the place is alive and happy. How was the cheese ball and nachos you had on “Merlot Hour”? We recently just moved in to our new place and we plan to renovate our porch. Your post just gave me a lot of ideas on how to make our porch look better. Thanks!


Angelina Garcia

Miss Janice said...

Angelina,
I remember the cheese ball was very good. Fattening, but good!