Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn Friendship Gifts

I decided to make mother-in-law's tried-and-true party mix to give as "Autumn Friendship Gifts." It's a very simple recipe...Lord have mercy, I kept the oven going all day on Sunday making tons of this stuff to have at home for snacking, to give to friends who visit, to take as hostess gifts, and just as "Friendship Gifts."

Put all the dry ingredients in the pan, pour over some butter and Worcestershire sauce, and sprinkle with garlic salt...husband LOVES this y'all!I used little cello bags and tied them up with a festive "Happy Fall Y'all" ribbon. You can buy the ribbon from The Suburban Princess here.
Recipe for Mary Gibson's Party Mix:
2 cups corn chex
2 cups wheat chex
2 cups rice chex
1 1/2 cup nuts
2 cups pretzels
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
Garlic salt to taste

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Mix dry ingredients, blend the melted butter and Worcestershire sauce, and pour over mixture. Stir all in a 13 x 9 x 2 pan. Add garlic salt and mix well. Bake one hour and stir every 15 minutes.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great week y'all!

11 comments:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

I have forgotten how much I enjoy reading your wonderful blog! Back on my blogroll it goes so I never have to live without it again! ;)
Jennifer

annie said...

You keep making me hungry Miss Janice.
Hope Monday is treating you right.

Suburban Princess said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for the Royal Ribbons plug!

Emily said...

These are too cute! Your friends are lucky to have you

Becky said...

I love this stuff and made a batch last weekend! I have to give it all away though because if I don't...I find myself sneaking into the pantry much too often to grab a handful! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Simply Sara said...

Sounds yummy!!! :) I was curious to see what you were cooking up yesterday! :)

Sara

A Hint of Home said...

It looks like wonderful stuff and it's making me hungry just looking at it! Thanks for sharing!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Yummmy! Love this recipe! We call it 'trash' or 'nuts & bolts'! Thanks for sharing!!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I'm definitely going to have to make this. I think we would love it.

JIB said...

Hi Miss Janice,
Your blog is great and I love your posts! I once brought this mix to a tailgate party and it was a hit! Yummy!

Lori said...

Mmmmm. . .love that stuff!!! You're making me hungry for it. Thanks for the recipe.

Lori
(Lmsbartow)