Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lee Radziwill

Caroline Lee Bouvier Canfield Radziwill...Born March 3, 1933, chic younger sister to the late First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Mother to Christina and her son, the late Anthony Radziwill, who passed away at the age of 40. American socialite. Style icon. Blessed with fabulous bone structure...oh those unmistakable cheekbones.

"Happy Times" is one of my favorite 'coffee table' books. It was written by Ms. Radziwill who made a choice to only remember what's beautiful. It's a very personal perspective on a highly publicized life. In this book Ms. Radziwill shares photographs of privileged moments with her children, her famous sister Jacqueline and the late President John Kennedy, and also the interior of her beautifully decorated homes. This is a fabulous book and a must-have for those of us who admire her style!
Ms. Radziwill on the cover of "People" ...in the prime of her life.
Dancing with her good friend Truman Capote in 1966. They were best friends...although they were not speaking at the time of his death.
Ms. Radziwill's bedroom...red buffalo check and toile! Be still my heart!
From "Elle Decor"...Ms. Radziwill in her Paris apartment.
2009--Stepping out and looking fabulous...with Calvin Klein. I just love her personal style! And that 'signature coif' is just perfect for her!
Lee and Jackie...I would also totally be wearing those gloves to ride an elephant!


Still a style icon and looking fabulous at 78...Today Ms. Radziwill divides her time between New York and Paris.




Thank you so much for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Ah, this looks like a must have! I read her Daughter in laws autobiographer a couple of years ago and found it very interesting (Though she hails from a much different background.)

Unknown said...

What an elegant lady...And, I agree, that bedroom is wonderful!

I Do Declare said...

I will have to search for that book!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

What a wonderful post! I grew up in the time of "Camelot" and love to think back on it! Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

Miss Janice,

Thank you for this post. I've always admired her(and her Paris apartment). I didn't know she wrote a book and am so pleased that my library has a copy of it! I'll look forward to reading it.

Warmly, Kathleen

Anastasia Schembri said...

Love this post Miss Janice!! You know Ms. Radziwill is one of my favorites, just as beautiful and stylish today as she was at the height of 'Camelot'!
Hope you have a super day!!
xoxo

Laura said...

Loved this post!

Anonymous said...

I love this. I've always had a fascination with this family!

annie said...

Lovely post about the lady.
I like the simplicity of her Paris apartment.
Have a lovely Wednesday Miss Janice.

The enchanted home said...

Awesome post, she still looks so dignified and elegant, always thought she was the eptiome of a well cared for social doyenne, this brings back the glory days of Camelot!

Lori said...

I think she has had a little "work" done. But she is a fashion diva.

Kathie Truitt said...

Although I don't want to disparage the former First Lady, I must admit I always like her sister's style better. She was still classic, but a bit more glamorous.

marylounorton said...

Love this post! And, I too love her coif!!! xoxoxo

how i met your father blog said...

i love lee radziwill. what an elegant gorgoues lady!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Miss Janice! I remember her very well..especially the photos of the two of them on the elephant. Baby Kitty appreciates your birthday wishes! You know he is a huge fan of yours. We would love it if Puff Kitty came to the party!...hugs...Debbie

Sandra said...

I do adore her! Thank You! Yes to that bedroom! xoxo