Thursday, August 30, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Summer

Going way back to the 80's.  Living the life.  Strolling my home beach...Morningstar Beach at The Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.  Wearing a lavender one-piece bathing suit that needed to be pulled up at the top!


Summer's almost over y'all!  Hope you can enjoy one more trip to the beach.  I'll be working hard this weekend putting away all my white pants, white shoes, and white pocketbooks.  You can read my "After Labor Day Fashion Rules" here.  I'm excited about Autumn!

9 comments:

The Tuscan Home said...

You are too cute and look at your figure! =) Looking forward to your "After Labor Day Fashion Rules"...I'm excited about Autumn, too! XOXO ~Liz

Sandra said...

I wore my white sandals last night to church and thought "I have to get one more wear out of them..." Being raised in the south, the same rules apply in this house...time to start packing! Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!

Sandra said...

Loved your "After Labor Day Fashion Rules" I have grown up with the same rules...passed down from my Momma. I am looking forward to Fall and can't wait to switch my wardrobe out and pack the summer away. Have a wonderful Holiday weekend.

M. L. said...

You look darling in that sweet photo!

I'm so glad you posted a link back to the Rules about wardrobe choices after Labor Day- I was going to request that you go over it and I didnt have to! So thoughtful.

Thank you thank you.

Michelle

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Sniffle sniffle sniff! Sooooooooo sad it's over, but HELLO Fall! I do so adore Fall fashion.

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

Julianna said...

Just wondering what the patent leather season is. I hadn't heard this erule before . What is the reasoning?

Miss Janice said...

Dear Julianna,
I only wear patent leather from Easter until Labor Day. No reasoning...I do it just because my Southern Mama and her friends told me to!

linda said...

You look beautiful!!!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love your suit! I can't believe summer is over, but I am so ready for fall!