Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer for Target

Target's collaborative effort with Lilly Pulitzer is coming up this Sunday and I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit nervous.

Everyone is asking me if I have a shopping strategy?  Of course, I do. (I've been doing Target + Lilly recon work since the announcement back in January!)   I will stay up late Saturday evening/Sunday morning to shop online at Target first.  If I don't get all the items on my list, then I'll be off to my local Target to compete with other local Lilly lovers for the in-store items.

 My Lilly P outfit is pressed and ready to go.  "Here's What I'm Gonna Wear":
The Lilly Pulitzer Originals 'Floaters' shift, pink Topsiders, and white cardi.  Since the Weather Channel is calling for a 90% chance of rain at my location, I'll carry my Lilly 'Floaters' umbrella too.

I've have checked out the Look Book at Target numerous times and my list is long...these are the top five must-have items on my shopping list...

The 'Boom Boom' Umbrella and the 'Nosie Posey' Hammock.  I can't use them yet because my backyard is a mess, but they are just too cute and I must have them both!

The 'Fan Dance' Shift.  If I don't get this one, I might shed some tears.

The 'Nosie Posey' Button Down Blouse is precious...a must have!

The Embroidered Clutch...I just love this and it can be used with so many outfits.

I'm so excited for this sale and can't understand those Lilly Pulitzer fans who are saying that Lilly Pulitzer must be rolling over in her grave because this sale devalues the Lilly brand. I don't believe she would turn down her nose to a budget-friendly sale of her fabulous loot!  I buy Lilly for the patterns, styles, and colors...not the price!   And...you can bet there will be shoppers buying to resell the items at a huge markup on eBay or other online Lilly resell sites. There really should be a limit on the number of items you can purchase.  But whatever.

If you are going to the sale, shop nice y'all!

17 comments:

Georgia Glam said...

I am so excited about this collaboration! I too have that shift dress and gold clutch on my list!

Laura said...

I'm so jealous, Miss janice! I'll be in Hawaii on a cruise and won't have internet access (probably)! Shop for me!

Lexilooo said...

I'm hoping to find matching dresses for me and my toddler...I am not picky on the pattern in this case, since I need two, so if I find the same in both sizes, I'll grab them! I do love See Ya Later and Nosie Posey!

Kari said...

I read, somewhere, that Target expects to sell through the Lilly items in about one hour! One Hour! They will be takings returns for 2 weeks only so possibly something will come back, but I doubt it. Thise pesky e-bayers will be out in droves. The big Lilly sale in Oaks, PA, has been ruined for all of us girls who are actually shopping for ourselves.

teamaldrich said...

Excited - and I do feel that Lilly herself would've gotten a big kick out of it!

Stella Cadente said...

Were you able to snag any of the items you wanted?

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

Cynthia said...

Janice, I wanted the same umbrella and chair as you. Hope you were able to find them! In case you were not able to get the cute shift dress, my daughter bought it, and is planning to return it. p.s. love your blog!

Miss Jane said...

I've been looking forward to this ever since I first read your blog post about Lilly coming to Target.
Unfortunately it was a total bust for those of us who just wanted a few things. The "pesky ebayers" really ruined it for everyone else. By the time I got around to checking online EVERYTHING was pretty much sold out. I didn't even bother driving to the store. I read that at 3:00am when the items came up online, the site crashed.
What would it take for everyone to boycott those ebay sellers!??! Or maybe eBay will boycott them for us?
Sigh, no Lilly for me.
Did anyone else have any luck?

Miss Janice said...

Hope you got them both!

Miss Janice said...

It's for sale online on many sites.

Miss Janice said...

If you are still looking, check out Lilly Pulitzer for Target Fair Buy/Sell/Trade on Facebook.

Miss Janice said...

If you are still looking to get items from the collection, see my comment above to Lexilooo

Miss Janice said...

And her daughter confirmed that!

Miss Janice said...

All but the clutch. Still happy and still on the hunt!

Miss Janice said...

I did get the umbrella, hammock, shift, and shirt!

Miss Janice said...

Try the Facebook site: Lilly Pulitzer for Target Fair Buy/Sell/Trade

Abigale Huels said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on the subject! I am a college student, and I always look for great deals on my favorite brands, including target college student discount. I love Lilly Pulitzer's colorful and playful designs, and it's great to see them more affordable with the Target collaboration.