Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I THOUGHT YOGA WAS FOR HIPPIES!

I've heard about people going to Yoga classes and always thought it was something...well, a little strange! Like they sit on the floor with their legs crossed in positions that I could never get into, twist their bodies in crazy poses, and meditate.

When I saw the cute little Yoga mats on Marley Lilly's site, I thought hmmm, that might be something I could do! Before I even looked into the whole thing, I ordered my personalized pink and green Yoga mat. I thought the worst that could happen is that I would end up using it for floor exercises at home. How cute is it y'all?!
After I received the cute mat, I headed to the bookstore for this must-have Yoga book for dummies like myself!

Of course, my OCD kicked in and now I'm reading everything I can get my hands on about this practice that has been around for over a hundred years! Lord have mercy y'all, more than 15 million Americans practice Yoga. Now I'm learning all the Yoga lingo. I'm learning how it will help with my flexibility, help to control my weight {I've gained 10 lbs. since Halloween}, keep up my energy level, and help with spiritual discipline. OMMMM, I like that!

Of course, I'll be following Yoga Etiquette as outlined in the Dummies book.

Y'all know I have to have some cute Yoga outfits. I missed out on this cute Lilly outfit from awhile back...That's okay, 'cuz it wouldn't match my Yoga mat anyway! I can't have that, right?
So, I'll just paint my toenails pink, wear a pink ribbon on my ponytail and match up some pink, green, and white tees with these pink pants.


I'm off to create my "personal sanctuary" and look for some more cute Yoga outfits. Tonight is my very first Yoga class. Ready. Set. Yoga!

12 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Oh you will have so much fun! Love the mat you chose!!

eas said...

I love it-Yoga was for hippies. I took my first Yoga AND Pilates classes last week at work. They were definitely outside my comfort zone but I enjoyed them. Have fun!

Cecilia said...

I've done yoga in the past, need to get back to it again. Good luck tonight, you'll like it, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

I love Yoga and only wish I had more time for more classes. I can do it at home, though. It makes me feel so good!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Cute mat!!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

I heart yoga!! :) But then again, I do have a bit of hippie in me. I balanced it out when Southern Hubby got me the exact same mat for Christmas last year. I love it! Much thicker than regular yoga mats and I get plenty of envious looks at my classes. ;) Even though I can have hippie tendencies, I have to throw my prep side in there with a monogram! ;)

Summer is a Verb said...

Re your comment: Spitting image! And, do I spy Jacques Cohen espadrilles? Oh how I wish someone would resurrect ole Jacques...XXOO

highheeledlife said...

That is such a great mat! You are so going to enjoy it! I love my yoga class!! xo HHL

Bama Girl said...

Love your new yoga mat, Miss Janice! I also am a big fan of yoga, wish I could make it to the class more often. Have also gained lbs. since the holidays...ugh! Enjoy your new hobby! :-) XOXO
www.shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Miss Janice, you're so cute! I've been doing yoga for more than a decade.

{and, actually, it's been around since the fifth century!}

I hope you stick with it, it is really pretty fantastic!

xoxo

Joan said...

I just started yoga classes myself this new year. I needed it for balance and flexibility. Wow! I didn't know yoga could make you sweat!

Unknown said...

Someone mentioned on your blog site: Looking for Jacques Cohen like espadrilles...

Check out my new espadrilles which are a modern day version of the old Jacques Cohen espadrilles.

http://www.miraespadrilles.com

Available in heathered black, heathered oatmeal and heathered red and in US Women's sizes 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 and 9.

xx