Monday, January 9, 2012

BCS National Championship Game

Big GAMEDAY! Tonight is the BCS National Championship Game to determine the National Champion of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision!

The players are the two highest ranked teams in BCS {Bowl Championship Series for those who aren't gameday savvy} standings at the end of the regular college football season. #2 Alabama and will meet up with #1 LSU at the New Orleans Superdome. I was in a tizzy as to which team I would cheer for...went back and forth.

Looked at the plus signs...Alabama being the state between two states that I love. Alabama is also home to Southern Living magazine and Southern Lady magazine. I also have a lot of blogger and twitter friends who are Bama fans.

Then I started looking at what I like about LSU. LOVE that they say "Geaux Tigers" instead of just "Go!" It's French. It's cute. And I like it. I also love the fleur de lis connection. But it was the fact that the fans eat beignets on Gameday that sold me. So, I'm on the LSU bandwagon!!! Been sippin' Chicory Coffee from Cafe du Monde all day...
I looked online and saw that we could find some tickets for $1,000+ each...Lord have mercy. Y'all know people will still be paying that price for seats to see this game!

I'm gonna watch the game from my sofa...wearing stretchy pants & a purple grosgrain ribbon on my ponytail and eating mini muffulettas* and red beans and rice & {turkey} sausage!I'll be tweeting all night and living vicariously through my lucky tweeps who are at the Superdome...Here's what I'd probably wear to the game...



Living vicariously through the LSU fans today!




Recipe for my Mini Muffulettas:

Boscoli Olive Spread
Ham
Salami
Provolone Cheese
Swiss Cheese
Slider Rolls

The Boscoli olive spread is simply the best y'all!!!
Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Clare C. Whitaker said...

I just happened upon your blog and I think it's so fun! I didn't watch the game tonight (love your outfit though!) but I was at my sorority's fall formal in Nov. when LSU and Bama played...I remember being quite upset that my formal date and I were drinking old fashions and watching the game instead of dancing hahah :) I hope you have a wonderful week!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

Leanne Helums said...

Roll Tide from one gal from Alabama.

crybabydarling said...

Love the outfit. So appropriate.
Wasn't able to watch the game but from all the posts it sounds like it was a great one.
Keep up the great blogging.

Dee Stephens said...

Loved that you cheered the Tigers on! Too bad we lost! Follow me on twitter! @denanner

The enchanted home said...

I should show my son this post...he is a big LSU fan (whole side of my family is) and he looooves his Zatarains red beans and rice...how many of those boxes we went through I lost count..lol. He is so bummed they lost.

Lori said...

I have used that olive spread in a muffaletta pasta salad, so good.

Tricia said...

Great to see another LSU supporter. So very sad this morning! My husband went to LSU, and we were certainly crushed over the game. However, your outfit certainly looked cute! :) Love the blog!