Saturday, November 13, 2010

THANKSGIVING DECOR IN THE KITCHEN

Hey y'all! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend! I'm just puttering around the house today. Do y'all do that? I'm going back and forth from the garage to the house...looking at Christmas decorations...repurposing Christmas stuff. Every year I say, "I'm not gonna pull out all that stuff this year...I'm only gonna use a few things!" HA!!! My friends can testify that I have been known to have 20 Christmas trees in my house during the Christmas season. It's so true, y'all! This year, I'm planning to have about five max!!! I have decided to only decorate with colors and themes that actually go with MY house. So that's what I'm still doing...trying to bring it all together.

However, I'm not forgetting about Thanksgiving...I've taken down the Halloween stuff in the kitchen and replaced it with Turkey-friendly decor. Come on in and take a peek...

I love my little hutch. It just begs to be re-done for every holiday. I've placed some Gobble-ware on it...please excuse the bright sun shining in on my kitchen. It's a beautiful sunny day here in South Florida!
Getting ready for "Merlot hour!"

The breakfast table...


I've had these pilgrim candlesticks since I was a newlywed...can't let 'em go!


Like everyone else in blogland, I was inspired by Pottery Barn's creative use of Indian corn...I hot glued them all around the pot of mums, then tied it all up with a pretty Autumn ribbon bow...

Very Autumny...

Just in case you missed my "Friendship Gifts" for November...I made tons of Turkey Spice Rub!




Gobble Gobble Gobble! I'm going to mama's house for Thanksgiving, so what I don't give out here, I'll take home so mama can give some to her friends. She'll like that! Mama likes to take little gifts to people:) Bless her heart!!!


I'm off to continue my "Christmas decorating at The Roost!" Have a great weekend y'all!

21 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Everything looks so festive, Miss Janice! I love the plates on your hutch! And what a great idea to put Indian corn around that mum! Love it! I know your mama will be so happy to have you home for Thanksgiving! Enjoy! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie

bevy said...

Love the dried corn... I am having my husband's family for Thanksgiving. Need some more decorating ideas!

Lori said...

Your Thanksgiving kitchen looks lovely! Every little touch was perfect.

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your hutch Miss Janice -- Merlot hour ....sounds wonderful. Thanks for generously sharing all your wonderful holiday decor and inspirations.

Blondie's Journal said...

I am loving the pilgrims and the pretty centerpiece with the pilgrim candlesticks! Perfect Thanksgiving decor! The turkey rub looks interesting...have you posted the recipe? Everyone will feel very special receiving it!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Janice! Everything looks so nice! I love that cute little turkey platter on top of your hutch.
Love your PB knockoff!! You're so smart.
Love those little jars of goodness too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Gert said...

Oh Janice you are amazing the way you decorate! Love the little spice rub jars...you are always so thoughtful!! What a wonderful friend you must be!!

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas!

Blessings...
xoxo Gert

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful ideas. Thank you, Miss Janice!

Meghan said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Town and Country House said...

Everything looks festive and fun--I especially love your Indian corn inspiration!

Girl with the Curlz said...

You are just so creative. I LOVE all your ideas. They so get me in the holiday spirit. Your hutch is adorable as usual and what a great idea with that Indian corn. Oh I can't forget your November gifts. Such a great idea. Have a wonderful weekend.

Mimi said...

Love your hutch and Indian corn basket, but especially the pilgrim candlesticks (happy memories every time you put them out, I'm sure!) Everything looks very pretty. Can't wait to see Christmas at the Roost!!

highheeledlife said...

Everything looks so wonderful!! Your family and friends will be surround by such warmth. The corn around the pot of mums is such a creative idea!! .. Thanks for always inspiring me with your wonderful decor...I can't wait for you to start sharing your Christmas decor ideas... HHL

kay said...

Everything looks lovely, the friendship gifts are really sweet.

Home of a Magnolia said...

Your decorations are just beautiful. I have already taken down the Halloween and forgo Thanksgiving decor. I'm moving towards Christmas. We go away for Thanksgiving and my daughter has and early December birthday party- the house has to be ready so we start early. Thanks for sharing -now I know what I'm missing.

Anonymous said...

Miss Janice...truly lovely decor.
I love Christmas but I do love the fall colors and want them to linger on until December 1.
I especially love the plates shaped live maple leaves...your home is awesome :D

~victoria~

PoshMomma said...

Thank you very much for "inviting" us into your home. It really is so kind of you to share. That hutch is exquisite! The fact that you change it for each holiday is totally inspirational to me. You & I both share a love of toile & fleur de lis! Are we sure we aren't related? Fabulous post!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

As always, you never disappoint! I too have been a busy lady here in the MidWest. I have been working on my December Friendship gifts. I am making all the ladies on my kindergarten team monogrammed Christmas ornaments complete with feathers and polka dots! They loved their November gifts. This has become a big deal to me and I am now referred to as Susie Sunshine. Love making my co-workers grin and giggle! They just get so giddy. I really appreciate how inspirational and motivating you are.

Thanks SO Very Much Indeed,
Mrs. Kindergarten

What Kate Wore said...

I can almost smell how wonderful it is Miss Janice, just from your photos and description! You are the queen bee of seasonal decor with flair, too-too fun!

And your 4 parts are great as well, I loved reading them.

Sending you a smile,
tp

Teresa Jane said...

Hello new friends of Miss Janice. I can truly attest to the fact that over the years, yes there have been as many as 20 Christmas trees in her home. Each was lovely and had it's own theme. Ahhh...to have the energy.
bff

melissa said...

Just catching up here on your blog! Love all your festive Thanksgiving decorations!!