Tuesday, November 9, 2010

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS!

I've been working in my office all morning...going through my Christmas magazines. I kinda have to lay out my ribbons and other objects to bring it all together. Do y'all do this?
Sippin' my Pumpkin Spice Coffee from The Fresh Market...Although I love the Christmas season, I never want to stop drinking my Pumpkin Spice Coffee. I'll probably still be drinking it when the Easter Bunny gets here!!!
So, thinking about the decorations for Christmas...

There will be some fleur de lis...of course!
My kitchen is decorated in cranberry and that frenchy-mustard color and black. I really don't want to bring in all the popular Christmas colors into the room, so I'm gonna attempt to make it Country French Christmas, using my own colors. After all...there is "Santa in France!"

I'll be using my cheetah ribbon from Ballard Designs, along with magnolia leaves and gold toned-ornaments in the den. I will probably throw some feathers into this mix.

Y'all know I'm big on dots right now and they will play a huge part in the whimsical look I will create for the front porch.
A little tartan will be thrown in for a soiree in December...

Not to forget Thanksgiving...I'm still decorating for that holiday. Southern Living's November magazine is beautifully done. They have a great "Mother/Daughter Style Find" section, some fabulous holiday tablescape ideas, and various seasonal menu ideas.

One of my favorite home magazines, this issue of Romantic Homes does not disappoint. I fell in love with the article written by Andrea Drexelius, "Notes of Christmas Past," featuring a home decorated for the holidays inspired by European customs and tradition. Many great ideas here...

The Victoria "Holiday Bliss" magazine is simply stunning! Great recipes, enchanting trees, timeless decor, and delectable treats!
Being a tea lover, Tea Time magazine has always been a must-buy for me! The recipes and tablescapes in this issue are perfect for the holiday season.
I love Sandra Lee...y'all know I channel her all the time. I guess I "get" her and her matching tablescapes and clothes! I have many turned-down pages in this issue of "Semi-Homemade" and it's stock full of great recipes and ideas for the season.

What can I say about the Christmas edition of my very favorite magazine ever?!!! It is full of great ideas for entertaining and decorating. And...you know what else I love about "Southern Lady magazine...I love the ads...cause they feature great businesses who have great Southern loot for sale!

The cover of the "Southern Lady" edition of "Holidays" says it is "Your Guide for Celebrating in Style!" So true! Again, another great holiday publication from Hoffman Media. Way too many creative ideas to mention!

Another Christmas magazine from Hoffman media...all the pages are turned down in this one also. What would Miss Janice do without Phyllis Hoffman and her publications???...I just love everything she creates!!!
Paula Deen's "Holiday" was another must-buy for me...the recipes and food gift ideas are keepers!

Paula Deen's "Christmas" magazine is one of my favorites this year. There is a section featuring her Savannah home all decked out for the holidays. Again...loads of ideas for Miss Janice!
The "Cooking with Paula Deen" magazine has awesome recipes...as usual. My fave this month--the Squash and Spinach Casserole--yum yumness in a dish!

So, that's what I'm doing all day...organizing and planning for Christmas. I'll be back later in the week with my holiday entertaining planning guide. Y'all have a wonderful week and thank you for visiting with me today!

21 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I love santa in France! I always get the Paula Deen Christmas magazine too!

Unknown said...

I didn't see Southern Lady on your desk. I was so relieved when I saw it. I think this issue is one of the best yet. Especially the article on the Biltmore.

Tricia said...

I believe you love magazines as much as I do! But you have some I don't -- yet! I do love going through them for ideas and making a list of the ones I want to try this year. Great post!

Town and Country House said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirations, Miss Janice. I love Southern Living and Southern Lady, but I may have to add a few new magazines into my mix this fall. I love the photos I've seen of Paula Deen's home, so I know I'll be picking up that issue!

Mona said...

Miss Janice, I thank you for yet another delightfully inspiring post!

Anonymous said...

I adore all of the same magazines you're showing, Miss Janice! Your eiffel tower is my favorite. I look forward to seeing your Christmas home! :o)

CanadianPrep said...

Oh my gosh, you are an intense planner! I can't wait to see the final result!

highheeledlife said...

Miss Janice, I can't wait to see it all pulled together!! Love the Santa in France!!! xo HHL

Mimi said...

Miss Janice, I do love your magazines, ribbons and ideas; but, honey, can't you just slow down and wait on me ~ I haven't even finished with all my Thanksgiving deco yet!! Girl, you're the original Wonder Woman!! Bless your sweet heart!! Can't wait to see it all pulled together--I know it will be just as beautiful as everything you do!

The Tuscan Home said...

Love your collection of reading material and inspiration. =) Your ribbon is pretty too! I can't wait to see your home decorated for Christmas! XO ~Liz

Lori said...

That little Santa in France is precious! I love him. I also love everything Phyllis Hoffman publishes. I've never been disappointed in her publications.

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

Lori said...

I'm traveling this weekend, will be stopping at the airport bookstore for some eye candy.

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how you end up decorating and your menu's. There is such a wealth of information out there in books, magazines and of course blogs...it's wonderful!!

XO,
Jane

The 5 Bickies said...

Your organization is inspiring! I knew you couldn't just get the look you have in your home but throwing a few things together but I have never been one to plan it out with such detail. You do a great job!

erica said...

I cannot wait to see how you decorate for Christmas. I so wish that I could go t one of your parties.

xo

bevy said...

Love buth SL magazines... Have to check out Semi Homemade. That sounds right up my ally!

Anonymous said...

I love Paula...and her holiday magazines are the best!!!
Wish I lived closer...I'd love having tea in one of your lovely rooms...
Thank you for sharing all your loveliness.
~victoria~

Debbiedoos said...

I have been planning and organizing too. I love the holiday season, however, I do not like all the time it takes to make it just so. Thanks for popping over. Great Mags too!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm working on Christmas organization some today. Goodness knows I love my new job but my homemaking has gone lacking. I just can't get it all done. I desperately need to plan a party for my staff but can't get my heart into it for anything. Think good thoughts for me that I'll pull things together.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

too bad this season isn't all ur long...i think ppl would be much happier all the time! :o)

French Basketeer.com said...

Hi Miss Janice~ just seeing this, well, a year later, but stopping by to say hello and off to see more of your posts; wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving~