Saturday, November 20, 2010

THE DINING ROOM AT THE ROOST

I'm taking a coffee break from Christmas decorating...Several of my readers have asked to see photos of my dining room. I thought I'd let y'all take a peek at how it looks for Autumn.

My dining room here at "The Roost" is not as formal as a my dining room in my Mississippi home. It's a bit small, but does provide a space for dinners and luncheons away from the kitchen area. Come on in...

The table is set with an Autumn tablescape. All the furniture pieces in this room were purchased at Ethan Allen...the 'Maison' collection.


The china cabinet and buffet are the 'Rustique' finish and holds all my Lenox 'Eternal' china and other special pieces...

The sideboard is the 'Gardenia' finish

An Autumn tablescape...
The chandelier is from Ballard Designs. The fabric of the custom valance is 'Pastoral Sage' {a toile from Ethan Allen}



This is the 'Bombe Secretary' desk...
I usually keep it open...

It's filled with some of fave books...some are about Princess Grace, some Danielle Steele books, and some of my hardback books about the royal family of England!


This is where I sometimes photo my "Friendship Gifts" and also were I serve some of my "Signature Beverages."


Autumn floral arrangements are an both sides of the china cabinet...


A simple vignette on the sideboard...

The buffet lamps...



The lamp shades are from Ballard Designs and I received the harlquin tassels as a gift from my BFF Teresa Jane last Christmas...

One of the 'Avignon' arm chairs...the fabric covering is 'Pastoral Sage' {from Ethan Allen}
One of the side chairs...the fabric is 'Pittman Green' {from Ethan Allen}

Y'all know I can't stand unsightly cords...I covered all the visible cords in this room with sage gingham check covers from Ballard Designs...


The iron base of the dining table...
That's the tour of the dining room y'all! Now, I'm off to the gym, then BACK to Christmas decorating. I know I've been talking about decorating for Christmas for weeks...and, it's not going to be ALL THAT:) Well, y'all know it takes a long time to do stuff!
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Janice! I love your pretty dining room. Your furnishings are all so pretty. The bombay secretary is gorgeous. I really like your chairs and the toile fabric is to die for - well, faint for at least! You do have a lovely home.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa said...

Miss Janice,
Your dining room is so darling! I think it is just the right combination for your guests to feel special! The fabrics are beautiful and I love all the finishes on your furniture. Perfection as always.:)
PS Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Home of a Magnolia said...

Wow- so beautiful and festive. Your pics make me wanna decorate. Thanks for sharing such loveliness.

Bea said...

Hello, Miss Janice! You have a lovely home, thanks for letting us take a peek and enjoy your beautiful furniture and decorations...

Preppy Southern Belle said...

I love your sideboard! Its lovely. Everything is just so perfectly coordinated. Your home pictures always inspire me!

Lori said...

Your dining room is lovely and elegant. You have excellent taste in decorating. Thank you for sharing with us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your Mama and family!

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

Anonymous said...

True to form, Miss Janice ~ breathtaking :)
Thank you for the tour...love the sage colors and the 'placemats' on the table.
~victoria~

bevy said...

I had forgotten where to find those electrical cord covers... Thanks for the reminder!

midnight macaroons said...

Hi Miss Janice,

Just popping in to see what you've been up to. I see that you've been busy decorating for the fast approaching holiday. Everything looks wonderful as usual. I had no idea that they had cord covers. Love yours. Also, the chair is gorgeous!!! That fabric is to die for. And you know how much I love that secretary of yours. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving full of blessings.


Hugs,
GiGi

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How lovely this all is Miss Janice. I didn't know that you had a home in Mississippi as well. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we're all looking forward to seeing you "Deck the Halls" at "The Roost"!

Henley on the Horn said...

Miss Janice, you have a beautiful home! I love your autumn decorations.