Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine Treats

OOTN...last night.  I'm wore my red gingham Jessie Steele apron in the kitchen...baking red velvet cookies.

The *recipe is very easy...Normally I add a cream cheese frosting, but left it off this time because my packaging would mess up the frosting.  They are still delicious without the frosting!

I placed them inside the heart-motif cups I bought on sale last year after Valentine's Day.

*Recipe for the red velvet cookies:~1 pouch (1-lb. 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
~1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
~1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
~1/4 cup sour cream
~1 tblsp red food coloring
~1 egg

Heat the oven to 375 degrees.  Stir cookie mix, cocoa, butter, sour cream, food coloring, and egg until soft dough forms.  Roll dough into 1-inch balls.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-9 minutes or until set.  Cool 2 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and cool completely, about 15 minutes.  Makes 36

Cream cheese frosting may be added after the cookies are cool, if desired.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! May have to try these!

Mona said...

Miss Janice, you are an adorable 'hostess with mostess' in your apron and pearls! Thank you for sharing the cookie recipe. <3

Bri Schaaf said...

You are just too cute! I love how your cookies match your apron!! What fun!

Azaleamum said...

I have missed your blog. Couldn't open it. Google had this blocked last week! Said it was private and I wasn't invited. I followed instructions to correct and that didn't work either! What happened?

Azaleamum said...

I have missed your blog. Could not get in last week. Google had it blocked and said it was a"private" blog. Followed instructions and still couldn't get in. What happended? And what was up with google?

Miss Janice said...

Nancy Ann,
They are delicious with cream cheese on top!

Miss Janice said...

Mona,
Thank you so much!

Miss Janice said...

Hi Bri,
Thank you!

Miss Janice said...

Azaleamum,
I'm making some changes, so it might be down again soon.