Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A HOME TOUR...IN SWITZERLAND!

Lord Have Mercy, someone in Switzerland has been reading my blog! I'm so happy to have met Dr. Cornelia Stamm Hurter through my blog...She's from Switzerland and I'm from the South in the United States, but we both love to decorate our homes and entertain. Y'all take a peek at her lovely home....This gorgeous home will be 100 years old this year!

First, I would like to introduce to you Dr. Hurter's daughters...Nora-13 and Maude-10, in traditional costumes as guests of honor at last year's Spring Opening Procession in Zurich, Switzerland. Don't they look so cute y'all?!

Here's Miss Nora on a ski-holiday last week...in Zermatt at the Matterhorn!!

So happy to see a tea setting among Dr. Hurter's photos..."A Meissen Tete a Tete," or Tea for Two! {Deutsche Blume or German flower pattern}


How stunning is this Drawing Room....


On a sideboard...The vase is from Meissen, the candlesticks are Royal Copenhagen, the tureen on the left is from Nymphenburg and the one on the right is from Meissen.

The dining room...

Another shot of The Drawing Room...

Halloween tablescape set for a children's party...
Dr. Hurter spent 18 hours decorating this stunning tree with over 1,000 ornaments!!! Now y'all, this is what a Christmas tree should look like!

The table set during the holiday season...



Thank you to Dr. Hurter for sharing the photos of your beautiful home and thank you to all my readers for coming along on the tour! Y'all feel free to send me photos of your home. I love to peek inside and so to my readers! Send your photos to me at Miss Janice {at} Miss Janice {dot} com. Have a wonderful day.

18 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Oh Miss Janice, that Christmas tree is UNBELIEVABLE!! I love the drawing room as well. What lovely girls and what a beautiful home!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this peek inside such a lovely home with us.

PAT said...

Miss Janice, thank you for sharing this lovely home.

Beautiful home and beautiful children!

Karen said...

Beautiful ;)

QueenBeeSwain said...

I want to move there and would be willing to be her maid, hahaha! what an incredibly well-appointed home!

PS- I tagged you last week- "sweetheart tag"- check it out!

xoox

kHm

Princess Freckles said...

What beautiful tablescapes she put together!

Chick in the Czech said...

That is amazing and I love the style of the home! Simply gorgeous! Also, thanks for stopping by! :)

Mona said...

Dr. Hurter has a lovely home and family! Miss Janice, thank you for sharing these photos with us.

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

You have found yourself a kindred spirit in Switzerland Miss Janice! I would think some of those settings could have come right from your own home! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Janice! Oh, thank you for sharing this wonderful home with us! Isn't it fantastic we can meet folks from all over the world? Keep 'em comin'!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Brittany said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us!

DC GOP Girl said...

What a fantastic home! Sometimes I wish I didn't live in DC so I could have a house-house already...

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

What a wonderful tour of such a beautiful home!

annie said...

Lovely photos!
It's wonderful to take a look across the ocean.
Thanks for sharing Miss Janice.

midnight macaroons said...

I really love the beautiful tea set. I'm ready to pack up and head for the Swiss Alps. What a fabulous home.

Bama Belle said...

What a treat! I have a reader from Edinburgh. They come everyday but they have yet to "make contact" How splendid is that drawing room? and that tree Oh be still my heart! Thank you ever so much for sharing with all of us.

Nanette said...

That was fun. The girls are adorable and the house was wonderful. How fun to have a friend from Switzerland!
Valerie

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

What a fun post! I love seeing the inside of home across the globe. It always amazes me that we are all so similar- the dining room table and Christmas tree are ever so important no matter who you are or where you live!