Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Gratitude Tree. Oh-So Thankful!

The rush is on...do you feel it? Lord have mercy! It's so easy to get caught up in all the hype of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday. I'm trying to...
Showing Gratitude. That is what Thanksgiving is all about. Thanking others. Counting our blessings. Helping Others.

Counting our blessings...We are all so blessed, right? I'm still not skipping Thanksgiving y'all and decided to put up a Gratitude Tree. I found some gratitude printables on Pinterest. You can print these and use them however, but I just cut them out, punched a hole at the top, and used twine to attach them to the tree. I asked my husband to fill out the tags and write down all the things he's grateful for. I thought he'd probably say "I don't have time to do that". Well, he was finished in a snap...One of his tags says "I'm grateful for the life I've led". Oh my! Here's my tree...Keeping it simple, I used burlap for a tree topper and the streamers.
These are the gratitude tags that I found on Pinterest...You can go HERE to make copies of them...they are perfect for the season.
Helping others...I'm participating in a food drive organized by my Church. For around $40, you can donate a grocery sack full of food that will feed a family of four. {A grocery gift card is attached for the turkey or other meat}
This is the list of the food products that we used and that you might like to buy and take to a family in need:
Giving back...You can also just make a monetary donation to your Church or the charity of your choice.
Being thankful...Send a note to someone thanking them for being there for you...My Thanksgiving cards are in the mail...we are so thankful for our family and friends!
Sharing...I made some "Friendship Gifts"...Taste of Gourmet Morning Muffins & Sweet Potato Muffins...mini style.
I found these festive bags and "Happy Thanksgiving" tags at Hobby Lobby...perfect for my mini muffins!

Don't forget your host...the one who is slaving away in the kitchen to make your holiday special! My hostess gift for Thanksgiving night...ready to go. A bottle of wine wrapped in burlap fabric and tied with a brown grosgrain ribbon. The "Thanksgiving 2011" tag can be downloaded at Semi Homemade Magazine HERE.
Making it memorable...Thanksgiving 2011
Remember the shut-ins...When I think of Thanksgiving, I always think of turkey and dressing...but, don't forget the pie!
I'm gonna bake a Southern Pecan Pie and take it to an elderly couple that I know...showing a little Southern hospitality!
Using my leftovers box idea, I'll probably wrap the pie in a box filled with shred and tie it up with the raffia and a turkey tag! Well, I can't just take it to someone with tin foil on top!
I hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving Day...whether you are having a meal with family and friends, working at your job, or just sitting in front of the television watching the parade & games with a TV dinner. Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all!
Be truly thankful! Remember to practice good dining etiquette on the big day. Most meals will start with...Saying Grace.

"Asking the Blessing" or "Saying Grace" is a short prayer of thanks given before a meal, generally after guests are seated and before even the napkin is touched. To show respect for the host, when Grace is said, the head is bowed, regardless of one's beliefs.

A nice blessing~
For what we are about to receive
May the Lord make us truly thankful.
Amen.


7 comments:

Mimi said...

Love your Gratitude Tree!! Thanks for stopping by with your well wishes for me. It is truly a time for Thanksgiving to our wonderful God for His many blessings.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Sweet! Loving your Thankful Tree! Blessings to you this Thanksgiving season!

bevy said...

We did a Gratutude Tree last year... This year I'm focusing on just getting thought the season.

However... I can NOT forget how much I DO have to be thankful for!!!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours dearest Miss Janice. We all have so very much to be thankful for in this wonderful life. My KinderGators and I kicked off our annual HolidayAide Food Drive yesterday. We collected 87 food items on the very first day, such a very important life lesson~ giving to others.

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Socially Savvy said...

Thankful for you Miss Janice!

A Simple Southern Life said...

I love your grattitude tree! What a neat way to celebrate Thanksgiving and show all you are thankful for. I'm your newest follower!

Tammy B said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.