Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Southern Living

Y'all know that the Southern Living magazine is a staple on my coffee table. Each month I enjoy the time that I'm able to sit down, enjoy a glass of iced tea or a cup of hot tea and go through the magazine, drooling over everything inside...all of it Southern Style!

In the November issue I was excited to see that Southern Living has added a new column with Phoebe Howard, interior designer and Southern style expert..."Dear Mrs. Howard...'Solves Life's Little Decorating Emergencies'. The column will address life's little "decorating emergencies," says Howard, who will deliver practical advice and inspiration to commonly asked questions. Mrs. Howard is recognized as one of the foremost authorities on Southern style and if you visit here website here, you will see why! She also a blog which is a must-read...oh my goodness, it's full of beautiful photos y'all!
In the debut column, Howard tackles the common issue of how to arrange a coffee table by offering a simple, four-step formula. She shows how using key elements: something tall, one oddball object, something fresh and a stack of books can transform the look of any tabletop or space.

This classic parsons table goes well with a modern or traditional setting.
This mid-century modern table fits well with a traditional look.
This table is perfect to prop your feet on...very casual look.
Love this glass and brass table...adds sparkle to the room and is easy to clean!
The white Chinese table...not my style, but cute!






Make sure to get the November edition of Southern Living y'all...pretty cover and pretty stuff inside!

5 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

You're a girl after my own heart!! Love Southern Living and living southern!! Can't wait to investigate the new column!

Anita said...

Hey Miss Janice, my mama has been giving me Southern Living subscription for Christmas for years. I have stacks and stacks. I love it! I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and thank you for sharing your beautiful home and ideas with us.

Natalie said...

I love Southern Living. My mom always passes along her issues to me!

annie said...

Perfect post.
Love Southern Living and got hooked from my cousin who is a native Alabaman.
I really needed the coffee table advice as I am in the middle of decorating. Thanks!

Kim said...

Love that Southern Living ... I have been in Massachusetts for 8 years now and haven't missed a beat ... even give a subscription every year to my Mother-in-Law ... a true New Englander! I was hoping that the Yankee Magazine might be the counterpart for the New England area ... i was sorely disappointed! Now, I just pretend I am still in the South!!