Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Country French Dinner at The Roost

I'm in the middle of decorating for Christmas, but still have my Thanksgiving decor out...it's getting a little tricky now--mixing the two holiday decos:) Stepping away from Thanksgiving and Christmas, last night I prepared a French Country Dinner at the "The Roost" for husband. It's our wedding anniversary week...we're celebrating all week y'all! Anywho, I served an informal dinner at the breakfast table...plated style. Of course my apron coordinated with the meal...French Country Roosters, from Williams-Sonoma.

Here's a full view of the apron...love the roosters y'all!

I set the table using a very casual theme, with Jean Paul and his barnyard friends! The menu was: Country French Cassoulet, Miss Janice's Salad c/ Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette, Tomato Basil Beer Bread, Iced Tea, and Merlot
Kept the Cassoulet on the sideboard, within easy reach...

My little helper, Jean Paul...


The Country French Cassoulet, one of my Taste of Gourmet products...baked in a Paula Deen casserole dish and served on a wire tray from Pottery Barn. I found that cute little rooster on my recent shopping spree to Mt. Dora, Florida.

Tomato Basil Beer Bread, another Taste of Gourmet product. It's easy to prepare and delish! I purchased the pie/bread plate and holder from HomeGoods.

Love these rooster dinner plates, from TJ Maxx...gingham and roosters--right up my dishaholic alley!!!

I found these red rooster napkins at Williams-Sonoma. I cannot remember where I bought the silver rooster napkin rings, but aren't they cute?!
Continuing on with the rooster obsession, the rooster tumblers came from Williams-Sonoma.
The iced tea pitcher is the 'Barnyard Toile' pattern, by J. Willfred.

Cute little salt & pepper shakers...by Arthur Court.
I cannot remember where I found these precious olive oil dipping plates, but I love them! I eat olive oil with my bread everyday!!!

The LeCreuset olive oil jar...with another one of barnyard friends!
This is a rooster I purchased recently at Pottery Barn...

Rooster pillow...from a store in Mississippi--can't remember where!

The dinner...Country French Cassoulet, Miss Janice's Salad c/ Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette, and Tomato Basil Beer Bread. These are all products from Taste of Gourmet. Check out the site y'all!
This is how I prepared the meal...
The French Country Cassoulet is a mix from Taste of Gourmet. I added pork stew pieces and prepared it on the stove in a big pot. Then I transferred it all to a casserole dish and layered parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Voila, a great French Country casserole!

Miss Janice's Salad was also very quick and easy to prepare. I used a bagged fresh salad mix, added cherry tomatoes, candied walnuts, Crispy Crumbles (from Taste of Gourmet), and Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette (also from Taste of Gourmet).

The Tomato Basil Beer Bread is also a mix from Taste of Gourmet. I combined one 12-oz beer with the mix and baked it for 30 minutes. I served it with the olive oil and it was the perfect bread for this dinner!

You can visit my Taste of Gourmet site here and see these and other products I offer...perfect for your entertaining pantry!
Today I'm joining Marty over at AStrollThruLife for Tabletop Tuesday. Y'all go over and check out all the beautiful blog links today.

I'm also joining Daphne at FlipFlopsAndPearls. Daphne and Shannon at Webbisodes are hosting Home Tour Tuesday. Check out their blog links for a great kitchen photos and recipes!

Well, I must rush! Lots to do. Y'all have a fabulous day!

23 comments:

Lexilooo said...

It looks lovely, and the tomato basil beer bread sounds delightful!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your dinner sounds like it was delicious! I love a good casserole during the cold weather.

I love your rooster collection. I don't think I have ever seen so many at once!

Happy Anniversary!!

XO,
Jane

shannon i olson said...

I heart you!! love your plates, apron, dishes, s&p shakers, recipes etc!!! what a wonderful hostess you are I am sure!!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh how I love your rooster decor. Dinner looks great too, but I am addicted to roosters. Love the rooster plates with the checks. Our TJ Max never has anything like that. Stop by and see my roosters sometime. Gotta follow somebody with this many roosters, so I am your newest follower. :) Teresa

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Well, I think I just lied to you, I can't find a follow button over here. Will you stop by my site some time and tell my how to follow? Thanks in advance. Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm

Kittie Howard said...

Lovely, Miss Janice, as always. Your dinner sounds delicious (will try the casserole, thanks!) You've got to go to Italy, Miss Janice, for a few weeks. Each village has a distinctive rooster found only in that village. When we left Italy after six months, I had a rooster-holic collection! Fun!

Beeutiful by Design said...

I love your roosters - sigh. It's our anniversary Saturday - 20 wonderful years. Best Wishes to you and your husband. Jennifer

Busy Mom said...

Love your blog... cannot wait until I have more time to go through some past posts :o) Thank you for stopping by ;o)

Lady Katherine said...

Love those Roosters! The casserole looks wonderful!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it. Your dishes are absolutely stunning and of course I am drooling over your roosters and your pig. Fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Teresa Jane said...

Well, it's looks yummy Missy and I wish I was there having some with you. Happy Anniversary tomorrow!
Love ya, mean it!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

love love love the roosters...my oldest is obsessed which started hubs and my plate obsession w/roosters too! it def gets out of hand....but hey...plates are important!

:o)

bevy said...

Supper sounds Devine!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Happy Anniversary! BTW, I have the Rooster apron in Black from W-S. Love it!! Have a great night!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How wonderful to celebrate your special anniversary all week long! We're coming up on 35 years this month as well -- but since it's right at Thanksgiving, we'll only be able to dedicate one day. I'm having a holiday apron giveaway for my 200th post (if you're interested in adding to your collection).

Lori said...

Everything looks wonderful. Happy Anniversary! I think it's nice that y'all are making it a week long celebration. More delicious products to try. . yummy! I just received the jezebel sauce and cranberry chutney this afternoon. Can't wait to taste them!!

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

highheeledlife said...

Happy Anniversary week .. fabulous Fench country meal you have teased us with. Love your apron!! HHL

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Happy Anniversary. I love your rooster napkin rings most of all! The menu sounds delicious. Such a delight to visit with you today.

Lori said...

I forgot to mention that I tasted the Jezebel sauce and the Cranberry Chutney today. Both were excellent!! I'll be buying more of both for the holidays. I have to say that the Jezebel sauce really had a "kick" to it. I can see where the cream cheese comes in handy. Ha! They are both quality foods and I look forward to trying more products that you recommend!

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

Nanette said...

Hi Miss Janice,
Everything looks wonderful. Happy anniversary to ya'll! My Little Companion is developing a real admiration for anything rooster, she would love your setting! Have a wonderful weekend.
Valerie

kay said...

It looks delicious! And I really like the pillows and the plates. Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

I love your precious apron, and all the food looks delightful!

PAT said...

Happy Anniversary Miss Janice!