Friday, March 26, 2010

ROAD TRIP Y'ALL!

ROAD TRIP Y'ALL! I'm off to the quaint little town of Mount Dora, Florida, near Orlando. It's time for the annual Mount Dora Spring Collectibles and Crafts Show...where the streets of Mount Dora come alive with hundreds of artists showcasing crafts and antique collections.
I just love small towns y'all. I'll be staying in a very cute and quaint Bed & Breakfast and I'm looking forward to having breakfast at the Inn each morning before hitting the streets to "Shop Till I DROP!"

I've heard so many good things about this Mayberry-ish small town!

I'll try to have dinner at "The Goblin Market," 'cuz it's been highly recommended.

I'm looking forward to worshiping at Saint Edward's Episcopal Church...

A must-do for Miss Janice...tea at the Windsor Rose Tearoom!
The BMW is ready and I've got my Lilly thermo ready to fill...
My bags are packed, in style of course...My carryall is the 'Elizabeth' pattern, by Vera Bradley {Miss Janice's monogram in blue} I like to laminate my business cards and tie them onto my bags with a cute ribbon bow...just in case! The matching garment bag by Vera Bradley...with my monogram.
Love this tote by Land's End to hold my laptop and other much needed crack gadgets...y'all must have known it would be monogrammed also!
I'm only going to be gone for a few days and I'm packing light and mixing & matching! "Here's What I'm Wearing."

For the drive, I'll wear these khaki capris, by Ralph Lauren. The polo shirt is also by Ralph Lauren, and the denim jacket is by Gap. How cute is this little flower pin? These are Lilly-fied pins ...love these! You can find them at etsy.com/shop/lwhelan . I LOVE this Lilly-fied pin!

My shoes are pink mules, by Lilly and my pocketbook is the Lilly Bermuda Bag with the 'Shrimp Cocktail' bag cover...adore this pattern! I'll wear this green cap, which is monogrammed in hot pink and a hot pink grosgrain ribbon on my ponytail. I'll also wear my silver monogrammed choker with the matching earrings and ring, along with my 'Oyster Perpetual' watch by Rolex and my rollring wedding band by Cartier. My fragrance of choice will be 'Wink' by Lilly.

These coveralls, by Lilly, are the 'Chilean Avenue' pattern. These will be perfect for strolling the shops of Mount Dora and checking out the craft vendors! The blouse is a pink oxford, from Ralph Lauren.
Love the pattern of this material...pink & green and oh-so Lilly!

I will wear these pink mules by Lilly and this green cap, also by Lilly. My pocketbook is the Lilly Bermuda Bag with a pink cover, monogrammed in white. The jewelry & fragrance is the same as mentioned in the outfit above. My ponytail will be adorned with a light pink grosgrain ribbon.


For Church and Afternoon Tea, I will wear this cute Lilly shift in the 'Diamond Head Patch Pattern.' I'll also wear this 'Marilyn' cardigan sweater, also by Lilly.Again, pink & green and oh-so Lilly! And, I might add...oh-so Miss Janice!
Love the detail on the pockets!


My shoes...love these 'magenta' revas, by Tory Burch--perfect for this Lilly shift and great to wear all year long. The salesman at Neiman's said it was the last pair in the South Florida area!!! Well then, that justifies the cost, don't y'all think? I tried and tried to find the perfect 'magenta' pocketbook, but could not. Y'all know that I would go out WITHOUT a pocketbook before I'd ever carry one that did not match my shoes!!! So, I got a Midori-ish ribbon in a magenta color and added it to my little basket-style pocketbook. I think it will be just fine to carry to Church in a resort town in Florida:) I'll wear my pearl choker and pearl stud earrings by Ralph Lauren, my Cartier rollring wedding band, and to secure my ponytail, I'll wear a gold hair barrette, by Chanel. My fragrance of choice for the day...'Wink', by Lilly.


Thank you so much for stopping by today. Now, I'm off to Mount Dora!

31 comments:

Sherrie said...

Your outfits are fab as always. We are heading your way soon. My ILs live in Port St Lucie and we always hit Jensen Beach and Stuart. Any restaurant recommendations? There are two we have eaten at and been happy with, but of course I have no idea what the names of them are. Any other must sees/dos with three young boys? Have an awesome road trip!

PAT said...

Sounds like a wonderful road trip, Miss Janice! I've heard of Mt Dora and would love to visit there someday.

We will be road tripping next month; an antiquing and exploring trip.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Have fun!

Suzanne said...

Please say it isn't so...I'm missing the Mount Dora show again!!! That town IS Mayberry and I love everything about it. Hope you have a wonderful time. Looks like you'll be well-dressed, as always. And you KNOW I love those overalls...perfect for shopping. Show us your goodies when you get home!
Hugs, Suzanne

Lori said...

So how many pairs of different, fabulous colored flats do you have? You don't have to tell (fib). haha Have fun, I'll be thinking of you taking pictures on your trip, while I'm taking pictures on mine. I have all my clothes day1,2,3,4.... good-luck packing. Be back next week.

Suburban Princess said...

Have a wonderful time and please drive carefully!

I love your outfits - I was looking for revas yesterday but ran out of time :O(

JDB said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and find lots of great things.

And thank you for your input on my blog post. I really appreciate it!

Jen

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a fun get-away! And you'll look adorable as usual. Your outfits are so stylish...love them!

Bea said...

Hope you have a great time, Miss Janice! I love B&B's, they make me feel like staying with friends, so close and personal... I really like what you'll be wearing, you'll look fabulous! Take care and have a safe trip :)

Lexilooo said...

Sounds like such a nice weekend, and what an adorable town! I also love small towns! Also, the craft show sounds amazing! Enjoy!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

You are sure to be the best dressed girl in Mt. Dora Miss Janice! Have a wonderful time and a safe road trip!!

Mimi's Mom said...

Mount Dora brings back many happy memories, as I used to live in Winter Park. It's filled with cute shops and great antique places, and I especially remember a place called The Drawer! Have fun!!!

Nanette said...

Hi Miss Janice,
I hope you have fun. This sounds like the idea trip, can't wait to hear about it. Stay safe!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Very cute outfits! I tend to pack in similar colors as well. On our Christmas trip pretty much everything was charcoal. My color theme for my trip for spring break in 2 weeks will be lavendar.

I have a backpack in the Elizabeth pattern. It is one of my favorites! Have fun, Miss Janice

Beeutiful by Design said...

Love your outfits for the trip. Is coco going too? Have a great time and be safe. Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Have a safe trip and a blessed Easter! You are so elegant! Love Orlando & shopping! Hope to get a cap like yours...My daughter in law, Amanda, was an "Olympic hopeful" gymnast from Orlando...Jennifer aka Gigi

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You're just going to dazzle Mount Dora with your cuteness, Miss Janice!

Lisa said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! And of course Miss Janice you will look gorgeous! I still love that straw basket purse. Soooo cute.

bloggerprotectionprogram said...

Have a wonderful time Miss Janice. I have the same Vera duffle bag. Great taste! If you have extra time head on over to Winter Park and visit my alma matter. Mt. Dora is darling. You will love it!

bevy said...

Oh my goodness... so many similarities to my life in this post!

1. Mt. Dora (by the pictures) reminds me of Aiken.

2. I have that exact Lilly bermuda bag and cover. (Please tell me how your got your monogram on the pink side without messing up the reverse print!)

3. Same Lilly travel mug too.

Love you!!!

Phyllis Bourne said...

Miss Janice, you have a FABULOUS trip. Your outfits are adorable.

Sigh. Your blog soooo makes me miss living in Palm Beach County and wearing my Lilly everyday.

What Kate Wore said...

Oh Miss Janice, if you aren't going to be the most stylish shopper, my word! What a cute and elegant wardrobe you have ready for the trip!

I hope you have a splendid time!
tp

Maggie said...

Love your blog and your outfits. I haven't stopped by for a while--I've missed you!

Sit A Spell said...

I know you will love this town. I sure did fall in love with it. I might be there this weekend. If I do go, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you in those adorable outfits!

I have yet to have tea there, so take pics and let us know your thoughts. I would also love to hear which B&B you chose and how that went as well. I am thinking about taking my daughter there for an overnight.

bye now...shell

Tardevil said...

That sounds like a fun trip & your outfits are too cute. I especially like the shoes, the basket w/ the ribbon & the monkey print! So, inquiring minds want to know how you dress Mr. Janice? :) Can't wait to see what you find on your trip!

Miss Janice said...

Tardevil,
MISTER Janice is a {ahem} Democrat who wears Tommy Bahama...no polos, no crew neck sweaters, no Lilly ties! I tried to dress him...but nope!:)

Bama Belle said...

HAVE FUN! Cannot wait to see all of your treasures.

Lisa said...

Hope there's a hobby lobby nearby so you can check out the rooster plate, cup and saucer. My identical magenta Reva's came this week and I wore them yesterday. Love those shoes as they NEVER cause blisters. Enjoy your trip.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hope you have a blast at the craft fair, you certainly have the most perfect outfits planned! Can't wait to see all the goodies you find! XOXO

Suzanne said...

Miss Janice, I love your ensembles and your matching luggage! You can pull it all together like no one else!

I have fond memories of antiquing with my parents as a child in Mt. Dora! Enjoy your time there!

Kara said...

I am completely jealous! Tea Rooms, Shopping, B&B's and NO me....
I declare, I miss out on all the fun!
Glad you had a fun time and the weather was good and you looked FAB!
Miss Kara

Tickled Pink And Green said...

You are TOOOOO CUTE! Love seeing all your accessories assembled! We should be best friends! ha ha..