Friday, April 17, 2009

Lilly Comes to the Gardens Mall

What a beautiful day in South Florida! I attended the grand opening of the new Lilly Pulitzer flagship store at the Gardens Mall, in Palm Beach Gardens. The Gardens Mall is my new favorite mall and with the arrival of Lilly, the icing is on the cupcake!!!

As I headed toward the store, I stopped to visit the Lilly Jeep in the Grand Court. Also on display near the jeep was the "Colorful Cause Showcase." Lilly Pulitzer teamed up with nine celebrity moms and together they created incredible women's and children's Lilly Pulitzer looks. Some of the proceeds from the sale of these designs will help to generate support for EBMRF (a non-profit organization devoted to finding the cure for Epidermolysis Bullosa--a skin disease). For more information about this organization go here.

The famous Lilly Jeep...

I was so excited to get to the new store. All the clerks were soooo friendly and they were all wearing awesome Lilly outfits!! Debbie was the first to welcome me and told me how much she liked my Lilly skirt--I was wearing the Croc Monsieur pattern. She said, "You have to see the ladies room, this pattern is on the wall"! I thought, great...I'm wearing the bathroom wall pattern. So anyway, we went in and it was soooooo cute. She insisted I pose for a photo in there...

So, here I am in the ladies room at the Lilly Pulitzer store... Lord have mercy!

Here's a close-up of the Croc Monsieur fabric...so preppy and so cute!

Debbie then gave me a tour of the fitting rooms! I have nevah evah seen such cute rooms!!! They were all sooo Lilly-ish!

The first fitting room is painted with all the colors ever used for the Lilly designs...
The next fitting room is the hammock room, with a jungle theme...
The next room has the "Story of Lilly" written all over the walls...I loved one of the tags--"The Official Uniform of the Affluent." Yes ma'am!!!Now, this was probably my favorite fitting room...The "Lilly Room". The design was inspired by the famous photo of Lilly as young lady shown in this photo...
And here is "The Lilly" fitting room...Too cute, y'all!
After the grand tour, it was time to shop! But first...Champagne and Lilly-fied cupcakes!

They even have their own bottled Lilly Water...Hmmmm, now I'm thinking I simply must have my own bottled water. I could give this out as my "Friendship Gift" in July or August and people would think I am very chic! Yes, I have to get my own bottled water, just like Lilly!
What I really wanted to do was sit down on the beautiful pink sofa and watch all the excitement. I wish that I had taken more time to look at all the ladies who were shopping and see what they were wearing. That's what I like to do...look at what well-dressed ladies are wearing! But, at this point, I already felt like a stalker in the store...snapping pictures with my camera and taking notes while Miss Debbie was giving me the tour. I also wish that I had taken the time to read every word on the wall about the Lilly Pulitzer story. Anyway, it was time to get shopping and get out there--people were beginning to look at me real funny! I had so much fun looking at all the cute Lilly stuff.

Thank you so much Debbie for your gracious hospitality! You are absolutely precious and you looked darling in your Lilly skirt (I believe it's the Beverly Hills Skirt?). Now that I'm home and looking at your photo, I'm thinking I WANT THAT SKIRT! Here's Debbie offering up some Lilly-fied cupcakes...Here I am leaving the store with my Lilly goodies. No, I'm not telling you what I bought. I just realized that my blog feeds onto my Facebook page and husband is a friend. I definitely have to rethink that...Too much information is just that, too much! He doesn't need to know everything inside the bag:) Y'all know what I mean!

Miss Janice in front of the Lilly Pulitzer store...

And, "Here's What I Was Wearing"...The skirt is Croc Monsieur by Lilly, the sweater is a lime-ish green by Lilly, the tee is from Target, the Bermuda bag and lime-ish colored cover are by Lilly, and the sandals are pink and lime-ish by Bonnano's. I was wearing a gold monogrammed drop pendant and the matching drop pendant monogrammed earrings, my silver and gold Oyster Perpetual Rolex, my gold charm bracelet with charms from waaaaay long ago, and my Cartier wedding band. Here's a close up of the shoes and the bag cover...


If you live in the South Florida area, stop by the new Lilly store at the Gardens Mall on PGA Boulevard. For more information about the grand opening of this store, go here. You might also be interested in checking out the Lilly blog.

Thank you for stopping by today.

54 comments:

augustvows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
augustvows said...

I love the beautiful monogrammed shoes!

Sandra said...

You look so darling in your outfit! So very chic, Miss Janice. I am super jealous - would love to see this store!! Your outfit is Perfect!!

Unknown said...

great out . i really like your header picture to. Lovely setting. mishelle

Nanette said...

This was a really uplifting blog! I love that you got a picture in the ladies room. Sometimes they have really fun stuff in the most interesting places. What can you say, you never really know when it's going to be a Kodak moment!
Valerie

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So fabulous!! Thanks for sharing. I love your outfit!

bj said...

I love every single thing in this entire post...especially you in the bathroom...priceless !!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Miss Janice, I want that skirt too! And you look so cute dressed all Lilly!! The bathroom picture is adorable and I enjoyed looking at all the dressing rooms! Thanks so much for the Lilly tour! Nancy

Lisa said...

Oh Miss Janice! You lucky thing you! A Lily store near you. I know you will be their absolute best customer!

JudyBug said...

What a fun day! I love the sandals!

JudyBug

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh Miss Janice -- you just look so cute everywhere! Even the Ladies room!

Princess Freckles said...

How fun! I love the themed fitting rooms! Fantastic!

MLG said...

what fun, the event looks amazing!

Teresa Jane said...

Yes, it reminds me of all the bathrooms I hang out in too. hee hee. Lovely, just lovely.
Teresa Jane

Kathie Truitt said...

Thanks again for the pictures of you!! YOu look beautiful in your Lily clothes.

My favorite Lily store in Alexandria (Ticled Pink) just recently closed (boo-hoo) so I am living through you!

PoshMomma said...

That store is like a dream come true. Someone put an amazing amount of thought & creativity into those dressing rooms. How fantastic. THANK YOU so much for taking those pictures. You look great, per usual. XO

Unknown said...

You are so cute in your Lily. After your post about laying out your church outfits, I have followed your lead.

Love your monogrammed shoes. You are such an inspiration.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Oh - I am so jealous you got to go to the opening! I haven't gotten down there yet. I have sick little ones so I'm doing mommy overtime! I'll get there soon!

kate said...

what a great day!!! I love the bathroom photo, you fit right in!!Dont you love it when every matches!!! Best to you
kate

Lady Katherine said...

Such fun to see you shopping in Florida! I love the swing in the jungle room, why did I not buy it when I had the chance? Maybe because Hubby was there. lol I google my site and found comments I have left on other sites, so he can see that too. lol Since I have not driven in over three years, it is so not fun to shop with Hubby. He says you do not need that or you have too many or you are not paying that for this! He now waits in the truck when I go to Ross, TJ Max, and Marshalls. He will not take me back to Crackle Barrell. lol I just go to smaller shops or stores, for now. I have driven 3 times out here in the country. I took the grandchildren back in Feb. around our land for a ride. Love those pink shoes! You look so great in your Lilly clothes! So Florida! I still wearing winter clothes here! lol I know you are loving living in Florida, it shows!

Anonymous said...

Miss Janice, you might have just outdone yourself with this one, it is too fabulous. Honestly - where to begin? The fitting rooms are TDF, they look so whimsical!

And you are too fun, "stalking Lilly" are two words we never heard put together previously, the specter of the always-elegant Miss Janice stalking anyone, let alone Lilly-wearers, is hysterical! And BTW, you look so classic in your Lilly, it is picture perfect.

This is definitely POD (Post of the Day), absolutely! Thank you *so much* for sharing the smiles with all of us,
tp

Preppy Coastee said...

You look sooo cute! Those shoes are too die for! And I love the lilly water; I wish you could have snatched one for me!! ;o)

xoxo- Preppy Coastee

BLC :o said...

OMG am a turning green with envy. First, you look lilly-tastic! I am LOVING that outfit on you. I have a shift in that print, definitely my all-time-fav. Next, the bathroom ... is it for sale too? B/c I need it!!! Also, the whole event looks spectacular. LOVE it and thanks for sharing. Xoxo-BLC

QueenBeeSwain said...

Ohmigoodness Miss Janice- what an incredible outting that was! First of all- you are dressed to kill, secondly, it looks like you landed in heaven- how you did not manage not to pass out from all of the Lilly fabulousness escapes me!

Love you for the post!

kHm

Beth Dunn said...

OMG the dressing rooms are to die for! so pretty. I love the bathroom too. you look gorgeous. xoxo

Domestic Designer said...

Looks like great fun to me! Love your outfit!

The 5 Bickies said...

Wow...I love all the details of the new Lilly store. I posted about the ladies room in our store too - it's darling with a mural of classic shift dresses on the laundry line. Our dressing rooms are plain jane in comparison to your store's. If my daughter is with me on a trip to Lilly she sits in the children's section of the store and tells me she is pretending it is her room.

Beaufort Belle said...

LOVE everything! I so wish we had a Lilly store. I think we have 3 in the entire state.

I wish I still had my bermuda bags and covers. Does Lilly still sell them or should I just search ebay?

I noticed on your sidebar the Clinton Kelly book. Is it already released? I too must have this book!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

What a fun day for you!
Love the dressing rooms...that entire experience would be such a lovely way to spend a day.

QueenBeeSwain said...

BTW Miss Janice- details on your facebook page please, I simply MUST become a fan! And I still love you even if you were wearing the bathroom wallpaper :)

kHm

Kara said...

Lord Girl! You've got it goin' on!
Nevah evah have I seen a girl so Lilly-fied...but you do it well., this is one of yor best ever posts and that's saying something.
Miss ya!
Miss Kara

Muffy said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this post! I don't believe I have seen your blog before but I am SIMPLY SMITTEN! Thank you for your review of the new store!

xoxo,
Muffy

A Hint of Home said...

You look so cute and ready for spring in your outfit. I love your sandals and looked for a store location near me and found none.
It looks like a fun day of shopping. Can't wait to see what you have in the bag, or was that bags?

Natty said...

Hi Miss Janice,
I simply adore your blog and I read it every chance my reader updates me of a new post :)
Today while reading some other blogs, I came across this site and would like to get the word out. I firmly believe those who have been blessed with Gods gifts should help out others. I would like to ask you to please share this with your loyal followers.

http://www.kiva.org/app.php

Thank you

Tammy B said...

I love your outfit. Thank you for the tour of the new Lilly store. It looks so fun.

Sandra said...

I gave you the Sisterhood Award on my blog. Check it out when you have time. xoxo

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Janice,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Melissa Miller said...

Miss Janice that is just the prettiest looking store ever!

You look beautiful as well.

Have a blessed day.
~Melissa :)

Kate said...

Those dressing rooms are amazing! I still have my Lilly water bottles from my NY visit :)

Whosyergurl said...

You are too, too adorable!
xo, Cheryl in IN
Whosyergurl

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Oh my goodness - you are too adorable!! I just love all of the fitting rooms!! I would love to see this store in person! Thank you for sharing the Lilly love :)

Robin ~ Linton Cottage said...

So glad I found your blog!! I am having the most fun reading your previous posts. I am also a southern girl. And was delighted to see that you are a cousin to Dr. Kim Sessums. He delivered our first son, who is now 19!! I was born and raised in Brookhaven but we are now having a wonderfu time living in Natchez. Hope you can visit my blog, too.

Blessings,
Robin

~CC Catherine said...

Miss Janice, What a Lovely Lily filled day you had! ;) So colorful and fun., wish I could have been there with yoU! ;) Hey, I'm showcasing a Tea Tablescape to host Ms Debbie, from Confessions of a Plate Addict tomorrow. My cohostess for the event is my Pet Sheltie, Princess Mignon Abbie. I think you'd get a giggle from coming over with a cuppa while you visit! ;) ~CC Catherine

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

OMG, what a pretty store and looks like you had a blast! I may have to go check it out(; By the way your outfit looked adorable.
Hugs~Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh, Miss Janice ~ you just look adorable! I love that precious outfit! That store looks amazing! I've never seen anything like it! Your shoes are to die for! Well, maybe not die, but feel dizzy for!
Thanks for checking in on me!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Petunia said...

We visited the store also! Isn't it the prettiest?? My daughter loved the children's section with the drawing table. I was amazed by the dressing rooms. :)

Petunia said...

Oh, and I have the same exact skirt--Croc Monsieur!!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

What fun! You could join the bathroom diva's club over at Note Songs with your bathroom pic! :-) Love your skirt! Lilly clothing is sooo perfect for summer fun! Susan

Anonymous said...

Miss Janice! You look absolutely adorable in the store and out!!! What a fun girly place to go!! Wish we had a Lilly store around here! Such Fun - Jeannette

Tickled Pink And Green said...

You are just TOO CUTE! We are coming to Palm Beach in a couple of months and I'll be putting the Palm Beach Gardens mall on my list of to-dos! If you know of anything else I simply must do - send me an email, or write in my comments on my Palm Beach post I have up now. :)

Hopsy said...

Miss Janice,
As always you look wonderful and this is just a delightful post! I looked at it last week, but was there were just not enough hours and the day for me to comment. However, the post made me smile in the midst of all the craziness that it is life. Thank you for always sharing your wonderful experiences!

cancersucks said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day! Thanks for sharing the Lilly fun. I love the dressing room pictures, too!

Unknown said...

So jealous that you are near this store that I have turned pink and lime green!

LillyB said...

You look beautiful in your outfit! I wish I could have gone with you. It seems you had an amazing time!! Lucky girl!!
Love Lilly