Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Papillote Savannah

On my way to stay with Mama for a while, I stopped in Savannah to visit my friend Joy and we decided to have lunch downtown.  We have dined at Papillote once before and could not wait to go back again. 


Papillote, the definition:  Cooking en papillote is to cook in parchment paper or a pouch where the contents are basically steamed.  Okay, they had me at parchment paper!

The cafe is a simple shop and everything is made from scratch on the premises.  It's basically a to-go restaurant, but you can eat in.  Just don't expect fancy dinnerware...the meals are served on plastic.  A menu of varied savories, sweets, beverages, and a daily special are offered Wednesday through Friday, with Brunch served on Saturday and Sunday.

French food in downtown Savannah.  Ooh la la

I chose the Bouchée a la Reine...a puff pastry cup with a creamy medley of chicken, mushrooms, onions, and spinach.


For dessert I couldn't resist their macarons.  The macarons were very moist with a creamy sweet filling.  They were perfection!



French goodies and treats.

I highly recommend this restaurant and  give them my "FIVE SILVER SPOONS" award. Stop in on your next visit to Savannah.  Papillote is located at 218 Broughton Street in downtown Savannah.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That food looks yummy!

Merry Wife said...

Looks really good. I love macarons!

Anonymous said...

It certainly looks scrummy! Enjoy your trip.

Ali x

Lori said...

Yum!! That Bouchée a la Reine looked great. Loved the little nook.