Monday, September 12, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Hey, Hey Tampa Bay, the Bucs know how to shine! Well not yesterday, they didn't!!! But aren't the new Swashbucklers cute? Lord have mercy, cheerleaders today look a LOT different than they did when I was a cheerleader in high school. Even the high school and college cheerleaders are so different. Back when I cheered, we just went out there and pranced around and did some fancy jumps. Now, it's a dangerous sport...well, not for the NFL girls!

It's been football-football in my house all weekend. College Gameday on Saturday, then NFL Sunday! We are huge Tampa Bay Bucs fans, but unfortunately, husband could only get the game via the computer. Ugh! Just as well. It was their season opener and they played some BAD football! Bucs lost to the Detroit Lions 27-10. Regroup Bucs. Get it together.

Well, I served husband's favorite football meal...Chili and Garlic Bread, with beer! Of course I wore my Bucs apron from my "Prissy Apron Collection."

I bought this apron from a street vendor at the Mt. Dora Crafts Festival and I wear it all season during the Bucs games!




I served Taste of Gourmet Black Bean Chili along with the tasty Taste of Gourmet Roasted Onion Garlic Bread...on a black wooden serving tray...from my "Serving Tray Collection."
The Black Bean Chili is the Taste of Gourmet Product of the Month for September. I added ground turkey and canned chopped tomatoes to the mix which is only $9.95 per box. Purchasing the chili mix in September will generate a $1.00 donation to St. Jude Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.


The Roasted Onion Garlic Bread mix is an easy quick bread with a a fascinating flavor and a real crunch of roasted onion and garlic. For $9.95/box you receive two bread mixes...a great value.

This bread boasts a great soft texture with deep onion and herb flavor--ready in only 30 minutes with versatile uses for all occasions. You can order the bread mix here.
Looking forward to next Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings! LET'S GO BUCS!!!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

The chili looks great! I usually make it a few times during the season too.
My husband also followed the Bucs game on line. They aren't selling out home games so the games are blacked out.

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

Go Bucs!!! (A girl from my HS is a cheerleader this year!)

Bama Girl said...

Miss Janice, that chili looks so yummy! I'm hungry after seeing this post, LOL! Hope your team makes a comeback this weekend. ...mine also lost (Cowboys) and I wasn't a happy camper last night! :-( XOXO
www.shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com

Lori said...

You're making me hungry. It all looks so good. Love the Bucs too.

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Love chili. Didn't know you were a professional football fan. Learn new great things about you each post, Miss Janice.

JudyBug said...

The chili looks delish...and I adore your apron. Now your choice of teams....hmmm. ;-)

Of course, our team (Dallas Cowboys) looked hideous. I don't have a cowboy apron but I do have LSU (Geaux Tigers) flip flops, t-shirts and an apron! I absolutely adore everything about Fall...esp. football.

Anonymous said...

Miss Janice,

I love chili and yours looks delicious. I don't have any Bucs merchandise, but I think I could open an Ole Miss & New Orleans Saints store from my home!!

Have a great day!
Donna Stewart