Friday, October 15, 2010

I'M TAKING MY PUMPKIN BUTTER ON THE ROAD Y'ALL!

I'm off to visit relatives this weekend and since my mama will be there, I thought I just better bring along some goodies for the ladies! Mama would be so embarrassed if I showed up at my cousin Marsha's house empty-handed. :)

I decided to make Pumpkin Butter and poured it into some Ball Jars, attached a pumpkin-fied label, and wrapped a orange check ribbon around the lid.
Miss Janice's Pumpkin Butter...
This pumpkin spread is great with scones, biscuits, or even on top of a slice of pound cake! The recipe is included with my last blog post "Fall-in' up the Kitchen."
I'll be doing a lot of shopping this weekend, so I'm bringing along some 'comfort clothes.' "HERE'S WHAT I'M WEARING" on Saturday. The khaki skirt is from Target and the brown turtleneck sweater is by Ralph Lauren. No, I don't care if I live in South Florida and it's still 85 degrees during the day...I'm wearing my turtleneck sweaters y'all!
I'm wearing my comfy Gucci ballet flats and carrying my Gucci pouchette pocketbook. My necklace is a gold choker with a monogrammed pendant and I'm also wearing the matching earrings. I'm wearing my 'Oyster Perpetual' watch by Rolex and my rollring wedding band by Cartier. My ponytail will be adorned with a beige grosgrain ribbon bow and my fragrance of choice for the day is 'Lauren' by Ralph Lauren.

"Here's What I'm Wearing on Sunday" The white blouse is from Coldwater Creek and the 'Saturday Jeans' are by Ralph Lauren.

But it's the shoes that MAKE this outfit! They are 'Pink Monogram Clogs,' from The Pink Monogram. They are so cute and the best thing is...I WON THEM IN A BLOG GIVEAWAY!!!

Laurie at Lulu and Daisy hosted this fabulous giveaway back during the summer with Monica at The Pink Monogram. Monica Smith is the President of The Pink Monogram and the founder of The Original Monogrammed Clogs. You can design your own shoes and add your own unique style with a personalized monogram or embroidery in the colors of your choice. Check out The Pink Monogram site and I'm sure you will find the perfect shoe for you. She also carries a wide selection of gifts...all the Southern girls' favorites!

Along with the cute clogs, I'm wearing a silver choker necklace with a monogrammed pendant, the matching earrings, and ring. I'm also wearing my 'Return to Tiffany' bracelet, by Tiffany as well as my rollring wedding band by Cartier. My ponytail will be adorned with a lime green grosgrain ribbon bow and my fragrance of choice for the day is 'Wink' by Lilly.
I will be carrying this pink 'LePliage' tote by Longchamp...

Thank you for stopping in to visit with me. I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!

13 comments:

Muffy said...

Have fun!!! Love your Longchamp!

Tammy B said...

I love pumpkin butter on hot biscuits. Love your outfits. You always put together the cutest outfits.

A Hint of Home said...

Your Pumpkin Butter jars are just too cute. Did you make the labels yourself?
Your outfits look so comfy for your weekend trip. Have fun shopping! Love those clogs!

Nanette said...

Hi Miss Janice,
Hope you have a wonderful time. Your clogs are so cute. Very fun that you won them in a give away!
Valerie

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

Pumpkin butter?! Wow. Sounds delicious! I adore pumpkin anything. Have a fun weekend!

Lori said...

You'll look just darling in those outfits. Happy shopping!! We want to see your loot when you return.

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm sure that you pumpkin butter will be a big hit.

Nadine2point0 said...

Just found your blog....love it.

Mary Beth said...

Have a great trip! I'm sure your family will enjoy your pumpkin butter!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and fabulous trip Miss Janice. Tell your Mama us blog-girls say "how do ya do"!

Town and Country House said...

Monica lives in my neighborhood, and you are right, The Pink Monogram, is terrific! You will look darling in both your outfits--have fun visiting with your family!

Gert said...

Oh my gosh Janice, you are so clever. Love the gift idea!!! And your outfits are amazing!! What fun! Have a blessed weekend!

((hugs)) Gert

midnight macaroons said...

Your pumpkin butter sounds wonderful. My mama also taught me never to show up empty handed. I grew up in California but my family is from the South. When someone hosts a small party/shower everyone brings loads of food. No matter how much food you know will be there all the women would notice if you came empty handed. I shudder at the thought of what they would say.

P.S. Love those clogs!!!

Gigi