Friday, December 8, 2017

Christmas at The Roost

This year I told myself I wasn't going to decorate so much for Christmas.  Well, I started taking stuff out of my storage room boxes and just kept on taking out more stuff!  I do love to put out Christmas decor, it helps to get me into the spirit.  Like everyone, I have a lot going on right now, but I won't bore everyone with the details.  Mama always said, "Nobody wants to hear your day-to-day troubles!"
Here are a few of my Christmas "cheer me up" photos:
The front porch...just like last year.

Inside the front door area (aka foyer)--This is also known by my husband as "the only place he can sit down!"  The bench and rack are from Kirklands.  I absolutely love shopping at Kirklands during Christmas.  They have the cutest Christmas decor!  The slim tree has no theme...it is decorated with ornaments I have collected during my years of traveling.  A sweet lady in Senoia, Georgia painted the "Stay awhile" canvas.

My petite kitchen is decorated with red accent pieces.  I love red for Christmas through Valentine's Day.  Of course gingham and buffalo checks go with everything.

The pot rack with gingham bows, garland, copper pots, and cookie cutters.

Christmas aprons are pressed and ready to wear.

Joyeux Noel!  Christmas on the stove with some MacKenzie Childs, Rae Dunn, and a cute snow jar & towel set from Target Dollar Spot.

More festiveness on the kitchen counter.  I am NOT one to keep a empty kitchen counter top.  I'm absolutely NOT a minimalist.  No ma'am, I like cozy counters.

I'll be back later with more Christmas decorations from my little home.  Have a wonderful weekend y'all!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Your house is always perfect. Beautifully decorated, tasteful and most of all, inviting.
Hope this season brings you the joy you so deserve.

Gramspearls said...

Thank you for the tour, Miss Janice. You an take the simplest things and make them festive!

You are and your family are in my prayers.

Warmly, Kathleen