Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Brunch


Since I'll be preparing Masters food next Sunday instead of a traditional Easter Sunday dinner, I decided to have a small brunch on Palm Sunday. I wore this classic Lilly palm shift to church with a pink cardi and pink Revas...
After church, I came home and changed into my khakis and put on this precious Spring apron...the newest addition to my "Prissy Apron Collection." Aimee Broussard made this apron for me and of course it matches my yellow gingham theme going on in my kitchen right now.

Isn't it just precious? I was trying to slow down with the aprons, but when I saw this one on her Facebook page, I just couldn't resist!
Monogrammed in hot pink!
She lined it with a darling Easter bunny fabric...so I can reverse it wear it on Sunday!
Cute little bunny motif!
Hot pink bow...oh-so me! You can see more of Aimee's aprons on her Etsy site.
The kitchen table, set for Brunch. Yes, this is about the same setting as I had last Easter, with a few of the details changed.
The bunny centerpiece is from The Cracker Barrel...
Lenox Anna Griffin plates, green 'Bordello Pinheiro' J. Willfred plates, and rattan chargers from Williams-Sonoma.
I found these cute little placecards at Michael's last Spring.
The yellow napkins and carrot napkin rings came from Pier One.
The sideboard Springtime setting....
Tulips and yellow gingham flatware.

The hutch with a Spring-y theme...

The green plates are Majolica 'Green Leaf' and the yellow plates and parfait cups are from A Special Place, which I'm not sure is still in business.....


I served Paula Deen's Cheesy Maple-Pork Breakfast Casserole*. This a great recipe for a brunch casserole and can be made ahead and popped in the oven the day of your event. {I used my iPhone to capture these photos...so please excuse the quality y'all!}

Blogger Issues: I couldn't type in the space below the photo of the casserole...so the next photos are of the Yogurt & Cereal Parfaits...I used Pecan Crunch Cereal and added dried cranberries and non-fat yogurt. Delish!





This is the "Brunch Bread" I served with an icing drizzled over the top...
The "Brunch Bread" is available on my Taste of Gourmet site...perfect for luncheons and brunches!
I served the bread along with some Strawberry Butter...made from my Strawberry Preserves and
Smart Balance butter mixed 1/2 and 1/2 of each!
I also served fresh mixed fruit in waffle cups...

The dip for the fruit is non-fat whipped cream mixed with my Taste of Gourmet Cinn-ful Fruit Dip.

Teatime...Served from my 'Bordella Pinheiro' teaset...
This "Youthberry" tea mixed with the "Wild Orange Blossom" tea from Teavana is my latest tea obsession. They are both herbal teas and the flavor is just SO refreshing. I love this tea served either hot or cold!
Recipe for Paula Deen's Cheesy Maple-Pork Breakfast Casserole:
{Makes 8-10 servings}

1 pound ground maple pork sausage
6 slices soft hearty white bread
1 {8-ounce} package shredded triple Cheddar Cheese {I used non-fat cheddar}
8 large eggs
2 cups whole milk {I used non-fat milk}
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Spray a 13 x 9 inch {I made 2 small dishes} baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until browned and crumbly; drain well on paper towels. Cut and discard crusts from bread; cut bread slices in half, and arrange in a single layer in prepared baking dish, cutting pieces to fit as necessary to cover bottom of dish. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, pepper, and salt; carefully pour mixture over cheese. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 8 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let chilled casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake casserole for 40 minutes or until set and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.


Thank you for stopping by to visit with me today!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Very nice! I enjoy seeing what you're up to. My brother-in-law is very much into the Master Tournament, so I sent my sister your recipe for the pimento cheese sandwiches and the Arnold Palmer iced tea. She needs to make it for him!!!

Have a wonderful Easter!!

Lori S.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Love your sweet decorations! And all the food, especially the parfaits, look super yummy!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How wonderful and festive everthing looks. We're having brunch on Saturday with our daughter's family and enjoying a couple of breakfast casseroles, some yogert parfaits with granola, blueberries and strawberries and hot cross buns. The grandtwins will have an egg hunt too. We're loving these holiday traditions starting with our grands. Then after church on Sunday I'll be taking the fruit salad, squash casserole and baked pineapple over to my SIL's house -- We love the opportunities for family gatherings and those family favorite foods. Thanks for sharing all your entertaining inspirations!

Farrah said...

Sounds great! I adore the gingham monogrammed apron. Blessings for your Easter! Go Mickelson!

Mocha Princess Aurora said...

Hey Miss Janice! LOVE the decorations and the aprons!!! I do have to correct one thing though. While Wild Orange Blossom is an Herbal Tea from Teavana ( meaning it has no tea leaves in it, just fruits and flowers and in some cases nuts and herbs) , Youthberry is not. It is a white tea which while it is very low in caffeine ( less then 1%) it is still a tea. It still has tea leaves. White Tea is the least processed of all tea which is why it is the lowest in caffeine and highest in antioxidants because it is pretty much picked then dried. I don't want to come off as a know it all or anything but I have worked for Teavana for the past two years :) I could talk in circles about these darn teas lol.

Miss Janice said...

Princess Aurora,
You are correct...shame on me!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Happy Easter, Miss Janice!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I'm so glad my apron get to join your expansive collection. Thank you so much for your sweet words!!!

sle said...

You do know how to priss up a table, Janice! Everything is just lovely! Enjoy your weekend!