Friday, September 16, 2011

Practicing What I Preach.

Recently, I was contacted by one of my readers who thought I might be interested in a project being promoted by The Bert Show (an Atlanta radio show). The Bert Show is trying to get 400,00 hand-written thank-you letters so that each member of our armed forces deployed outside the United States will receive a letter of gratitude on Thanksgiving Day.

As my reader mentioned, I am always reminding y'all of the importance of writing thank-you notes, and this is the perfect opportunity to give y'all some practical homework.

Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. Remember that the purpose of the letter is to express gratitude for service to our Country.

All letters must be on 8 1/2" x 11" paper or smaller. DO NOT USE glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter, or otherwise attach anything to the paper. DO NOT send cards or photographs. Feel free to include your mailing and email address...you may get a response. DO NOT send any donations:)

For more information, you can go to The Bert Show website here.
Submit your handwritten, individual letter in a standard business-size envelope and mail to:

The Bert Show's Big Thank You
780 Johnson Ferry Road, NE
5th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30342

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
William Arthur Ward

I hope that each of you will take up the challenge and Practice What I Preach! I'll close with this fabulous video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reDiz5nkxK8

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hello Beautiful Lady,
What a wonderful idea and I hope everyone joins in to say "thank you"! Thanks for telling us about the Bert project.
Hope all is well on the west coast!
Hugs, Suzanne
P.S. glad someone else can't sleep...I don't feel so alone:)

Lori said...

aThis is the first I've heard about this project. I think it's a wonderful idea and I'm in for it.

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

annie said...

Wonderful idea and about time.
I will write one.
Have a lovely weekend.

JulesTX said...

I love this idea Miss Janice !
Count me in, I will definitely be sending a letter.

william said...

Dear Miss Janice,
I would like to make or buy a dozen or so monogrammed champagnes or wine glasses for my daughter-in-law's birthday brunch which will be next Sunday in an apple orchard. You are so clever and I know you have done something like this. Could you please tell me how? Thank you so much! Sincerely, Francie

william said...

Hello, it's me again and sorry to say our plans have changed so I don't need them so soon but would love to hear how to do this if you ever have a chance,

Thank you so much,
Francie