Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Piddlin' Around the House

I'm back from my trip to Georgia...had a wonderful time visiting my BFF Teresa Jane and my Mama. Of course, I did LOTS of shopping...I got fitted for my first Annabelle Laroque dress and I'm behind excited to receive it in the mail! I made about five trips to Hobby Lobby in Augusta and in Warner Robins and also shopped at Carlton Interiors in Perry. Yesterday, I spent the entire day piddlin' around the house...unpacking, washing clothes, and putting out some of new loot I bought. Come on in and take a peek...

I started with the kitchen and put away the last of the Easter decorations. John Paul is guarding the cinnamon rolls on the island...The air smells delicious with the send of the Votivo Red Currant candle.
This will be the last of sweets for awhile...gotta get my 'Pippa Middleton' diet going!







The sideboard in the kitchen...



Put the bunnies and carrots away and ate all the jelly beans! The roosters are back!







Wanda at Carlton Interiors in Perry, Georgia made this bright arrangement for my kitchen table...love the new little rooster and hen I also found at Carlton Interiors:)




I just could not resist the pair...they are perfect for "The Roost"





Changed up the dinnerware...the red plates are from KMart {gasp!} and the mustard-colored plates are by J. Willfred. The glassware is from Williams-Sonoma and the chargers are also from Williams-Sonoma.





The napkins are Waverly 'La Petite Ferme Spice' toile and the rooster napkin rings are Arthur Court.





The valance matches the napkins...Waverly 'La Petite Ferme Spice'.





And because I'm so matchy-matchy...the roman shade is also the Waverly 'La Petite Ferme Spice' pattern!





The KMart 'Good Food...Good Friends' rooster dinnerware is back on the hutch!



I totally adore this new faux floral arrangement on my entry table...created by Wanda at Carlton Interiors, Perry Georgia.



Is it not just AdorAble y'all?!!!





This is a monogrammed wine bag...love it!



Wanda also made these arrangements to sit ontop of my wall brackets, which I ALSO purchased at Carlton Interiors during the Christmas holidays.




I might need to add a little more greenery at the bottom...




I've decided to leave my J. Willfred 'Bunny toile' dinnerware on the dining table for awhile...not too Eastery, I don't think:)




Got a new arrangement for the sideboard in the dining room...



ANOTHER design by Wanda at Carlton Interiors in Perry...I just love it also:)




The tole painted container is fabulous!



Carlton Interiors' website does not appear to be working this morning. If you are ever in Perry, Georgia {near Macon, Georgia}, you must visit this store. It's located at 903 Carroll Street in the cute little historic downtown area. You must also have lunch at The Swanson House, also in downtown Perry--fabulous Southern 'Meat and Three' meals!

So there you go...a few of my goodies from the Georgia trip! Y'all don't forget to enter my giveaway...for National Etiquette Week--you have until midnight this Friday!

Before I close, Puff Kitty wanted to say "Hey Y'all"!






11 comments:

Bea said...

I'm happy to hear you spent time with your Mom, Miss Janice! And all the beautiful things you brought from your trip!! Love your new entry table arrangement! Have a nice day.

Amy said...

You decorate so beautifully. I love the new arrangement in the kitchen, those plates are gorgeous!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I had to come and say hi and tell you that I blogged about a visit to Lilly store in Palm Beach. It is because of you I even knew what that line is! We enjoyed it so much!!

rgcblackie said...

How lovely everything looks, Miss Janice! Welcome back.

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Miss Janice, I love both of your tablesettings. The bunnies are adorable and it is still officially Spring.
I'm sitting in Atlanta right now and will go through Macon next month. I'll have to keep that store in mind. Your florals are all gorgeous!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Miss Janice! Sounds like you had fun in Georgia! I haven't been to Perry in ages! They used to be big football rivals when I lived in Americus! lol Of course, I LOVE all of your frenchy decor! My staff says hello to Puff Kitty! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Lori said...

I'm am so glad blogger decided to start working again!! I always love to see your loot. I especially LOVE the tole container. Glad you had a great time. Did your Mama come home with you? Have a great weekend!!

Lori

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I love Puff Kitty!
I missed your give-away due to blogger being down. boo! Glad you had a good trip to GA.

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

I love the wine bag as a vase wrap- wonderful idea!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What fun treasures you found -- especially that toile vase. I wanted to let you know that I received my package today! Thank you so much for this lovely give away -- it was certainly a delightful perk after coming home from a wonderful beach vacation. I will be posting soon, but I wanted to drop a note to let you know it arrived and I love it!

Simply Sara said...

I love the monogrammed wine bag!! Very pretty!!!