Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Autumn Around the House

Today, My Lady Caroline, who is one of my Twitter friends tweeted that she wished I was as chatty as I used to be on my blog.  Oops, I admit that I haven't been blogging a lot lately--no excuses.  I do spend a lot of time on Instagram now...it's so quick and easy.  Just post the photos and go!  So for those who don't follow me on Instagram, here's a peek at what's been going on at The Roost this fall.

We bought a small house to be near my Mama so that I can scoot back and forth whenever I'm needed to help with her caregiving.  I actually love this little house.  As I am aging, I find that it's important to me to be able to take care of what I have.  The smaller the size, the easier it is!

I'm still using the same Halloween wreath from last year.

I don't decorate with a ton of Halloween stuff like I used to...I just added a lot of orange this year.
Sprayed all my pumpkins gold.

Mary Elizabeth also received the gold spray paint treatment and is decked out with an orange bow--and pearls, of course!
I have cut back on the roosters everywhere, but I still keep a few on the front porch to greet our guests at the front door.  Don't know how long the mums will last.  The pumpkin...well it's kind of a posh pumpkin.  I bought it at James Farmer, Inc. in Perry...
Cocktail hour...more orange.
Tea Time...I love Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Rooibus tea with Pumpkin Spice English Muffins and apple butter.
More orange on the tabletop...
I carried breakfast to a meeting and used the darling Target "Cheeky" plates and to-go cups...
The Halloween tree is up on the porch, decorated witchy-style!
These are my treats this year for the special little trick-or-treaters...

I served Pimiento Cheese Balls at Happy Hour on Gameday last Saturday.  Yes, that's the day the Florida State Seminoles got beat by Georgia Tech.  Of course, I'll never serve these things again!  Bad luck.  I'm VERY superstitious!  But, moving on to the Syracuse game this week.  Go Noles!
Just in case you want to prepare them...I added cream cheese, some chopped cooked bacon, chopped jalapenos, and chopped pecans to Palmetto Cheese and then topped them off with pretzel sticks.

Hope everyone is enjoying Autumn.  Today it was 57 degrees, dark, and misting rain.  I was hoping for crisp, sunny days and cool nights.  I think it's time to get out the boots!  

2 comments:

Lady Caroline said...

Aah, Miss Janice, thank you so much for taking the time out to compile such a lovely post. I was utterly delighted when I saw my name on your post, it was such a kind thought. I don't use Instagram. Anyway, I loved the post and seeing around your new home. I'm not really a Halloween person; here in the UK, Halloween has got much bigger in being celebrated than it used to be. It is then followed by Guy Fawkes or Bonfire Night - Nov. 5 (the Americans are so lucky in not celebrating it). I do like the everyday tea service, and especially the silverware you have on your tea tray - I have a real passion for silverware. My favourite aspects of your blog are what you are wearing, and your etiquette posts, which as a etiquette-driven person, I absolutely adore.

I hope you don't mind me asking you a question, and as someone who has absolutely no idea about American football, please bear with me. I see that you follow Florida State Seminoles, although you come from Georgia. Here in the UK, people tend to follow the football [soccer to the Americans] teams of the city, they were born in. Females also seem more motivated to following football than here in the UK. Tailgating absolutely fascinates me; makes me wish even more I could live in the South or Deep South of the USA.

Sorry if I have run on a bit with this comment, it does appear a tad long!

Miss Jane said...

When I saw all the fun Halloween items spray painted gold, I immediately thought of this book
http://www.amazon.com/The-Official-Guide-Christmas-South/dp/0060850531

Thanks for sharing all your fun decorations & treats with us!