She LOVES all the Target pajamas and these two pair are adorable and just her style. These are the Nick and Nora Zebra pattern...so cute!
These are also by Nick and Nora and have a Sock Monkey pattern!
So if you are looking for a gift for your elderly Mother or Grandmother, here are a few of the items I recommend:
- A fuzzy robe and a pretty throw blanket...since the elderly get chilled easily.
- Hand cream, face cream, and body lotion...dry skin is usually an issue with the elderly. My Mama still uses Pond's Cream on her face and she has beautiful skin!
- Perfume/Cologne...Ladies always love a sweet smelling fragrance, at any age.
- Face powder, blush, and lipstick...I remember a friend told me her Mama insisted on applying her own lipstick while in the nursing home--and even on the day of her death.
- Wet wipes...perfect for cleaning hands after eating and for other personal reasons.
- Manicure/Pedicure Set. Mama has her pedicures done at the beauty shop, but I try to keep her fingernails neat and trimmed.
- Nail Polish...a light colored varnish keeps the fingernails looking pretty.
- Satin hairnet...Mama has worn a hairnet ever since I can remember. She won't go to bed without her hairnet.
- Hairspray...Big hair requires a teasing comb and lots of hairspray--especially for the Southern elderly lady!
- Night Light...for the bathroom and bedroom.
- Beauty Shop Gift Certificate...for their standing appointments.
- Chick fil A/Cracker Barrel Gift Certificate...well, these are Mama's favorites!
Don't forget the corsage y'all! A sweet Southern tradition on Mother's Day in the South...ladies are given a red corsage if their mama is still alive or a white corsage if their mama has passed away. You can read a post I wrote about corsage etiquette here.
Happy Mother's Day y'all!