Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wish List Wednesday

It seems like every home I buy is so dark on the inside.  I love the coziness of the lighting, but when I'm getting ready to leave the house, I need bright natural light!  My vanity table is located near a window so that helps when I'm applying my makeup.  I've been searching antique stores and other spots for a vanity stool for the table, but I just can't find the one that's right...Hoping y'all can help me decide.


I like this one, but I think the back is too tall.


This one is cute, but not exactly what I want...and again, it's too tall.


I like the style of this one...not necessarily the fabric.


I love the monogram on this one, but I really don't want to sit on my monogram!


This one is from Ballard Designs.  I like the style, fabric color, and the low back.

This is another one from Ballard Designs.  I like it, but think I like the one above with the higher back.

If y'all have any ideas, I would appreciate hearing from you!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Miss Janice! Oh, what a lovely little vanity table you have! My pick for you is the 1st Ballard chair. It looks rather fancy - like you! Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tammy B said...

I like the first Ballard chair best. I really like the second Ballard, but would be afraid the low back might not be comfortable enough.

NikkiL said...

I like the first Ballard also but personally I have more of a bench type so I can tuck it under my vanity. I like being able to put it out of the way when not in use. I agree with you about sitting on my monogram. That just seems wrong somehow.

Gramspearls said...

I liked the first Ballard chair, but I'm laughing....I can't see to sit and put on my make-up! I have to stand and lean....I had good lighting installed in our bathroom and it has windows, for natural lighting. I still check everything in the car, just in case. I envy you being able to sit and primp. So fun.

Kari said...

I love the first chair. I can't figure out from the opening in your very lovely vanity it's relationship to the chair's back and seat height. I liike the first chair's pleats and they may provide a nice contrast to the billowy draperies. However, it may be a bit too tailored for you vanity. It is, though, my favorite.

Kathie Truitt said...

ALL of them, but I'm really partial to the stool - even the fabric, though I know you didn't care too much for it.

Mona said...

Why not purchase the little stool you like, then have it reupholstered in a preferable fabric?

Miss Jane said...

How fun! I've wanted a vanity for many years but I'll have to do some rearranging first.
The Ballard chairs are lovely and with so many colors and patterns, I'm sure you'll find something that works well with your decor and makes you smile everytime you see it!
Looking forward to seeing what you choose.
Mary

Miss Janice said...

Hope you are staying warm with your Southern self way up North!

Miss Janice said...

My choice too!

Miss Janice said...

Agree on all Monique

Miss Janice said...

"Sit and primp" makes me laugh, cause I do it all the time!

Miss Janice said...

Thanks Kari:)

Miss Janice said...

The stool is cute:)

Miss Janice said...

I might end up doing that Mona:)

Miss Janice said...

Thanks Miss Jane. Hope you find a vanity you love!