Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Halloween Decor

Now that our house is yellow with turquoise and hot pink accents on the front porch, I decided to go with the colors turquoise and orange for Halloween.  The wreaths and tree were spray painted to match the color of my cushions on the porch and I added orange mesh ribbon bows...take a peek.


This is my tree this year...minus the black and orange and all the spooky witches from previous years.  Parents always take photos of their children in front of my spooky Halloween tree every year.  I'm guessing they might not be so taken with this tree...but I am!

Today I served lunch on the porch and wore a turquoise polka dot apron {from my Prissy Apron Collection}, monogrammed in orange...with an orange gingham blouse, leggings, and orange Revas.

For the table setting, I used orange plates with turquoise linen napkins, orange pumpkin napkin rings, and turquoise monogrammed goblets.

Kinda coastal...

We are expecting 1,000+ trick-or-treaters again this year and are seriously considering putting Halloween candy on layaway at Walmart!


Thanks for stopping by to visit today.  

12 comments:

Mona said...

Miss Janice, I'm lovin' the new coastal look of your front porch! xx

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great! Looks like you found the perfect fix... So clean, organized and elegant! xxx, Liz

Merry Wife said...

1000 trick-or-treaters?! I couldn't do it. I'd have to be out of town that day.

Your porch is so cute! Love all the decorations.

Donna said...

A fresh take on seasonal decor...well done! You are so creative.

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

Just love your porch and decorations! Your outfit to match is both classic and cute....love your taste!

Beeutiful by Design said...

Love your turq and orange -says Florida very well! You may need to look into bulk candy purchasing at Oriental Trading Company for your trick or treaters. Jennifer

Miss Jane said...

I love your updated Halloween decor! I think the intent counts more than the colors we use.
More than anything, I always enjoy seeing the adorable outfits you show us. You always look so pulled together and cheerful.
Thank you for brightening my day!

PoshMomma said...

I love you & envy your neighbors!!!!

Kari said...

Totally breathtaking! I'm absolutely in love with your amazing designs! Suddenly, my traditionally coloured decorations look so ordinary. I'm
mad for light aqua , so I'll def do a
re-do. Maybe leave small touches of black here and there to "ground" it.

NikkiL said...

Ms. Janice I just have to tell you about the cutest, most fun book I found about small town pagents. I know you love the big pagents like Miss America but you just have to read "The Rhinestone Sisterhood" by David Greenwood. It came out in 2010 but I just discovered it in our tiny library in Ponchatoula, Lousiana. It tells the story of small town festival queens in a way that is both humorous and respectful. Check it out. You'll love it. Nikki

NikkiL said...

And yes I know that spell check changed pageant to pagent twice. Agh! Nikki

What Kate Wore said...

Love that you did Halloween with a different color palette than the usual black & orange, it looks *wonderful*!

Sending you a smile,
tp