Thursday, September 13, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Oh my goodness, y'all can never say that I hold back with the tacky photos!  This was taken inside my first home in Mississippi back in the early 90's...during my second phase of the "Dorothy Hamill hairdo".  There is so much tackiness going on here...that tacky easy chair my Mama talked me into buying, those ruffled panels on the door, the country-style Christmas stockings, and that Christmas sweater!  Lord have mercy.  Now I do wish I hadn't got rid of that plaid skirt!  I would still wear it now.

More of the same...I must tell y'all that I loved these jogging suits back in the day.  My late friend Teresa Jane and I both had the same one!  We loved them and wore them all the time.  Of course back then I never jogged at all.  In fact, I was quite the couch potato.


9 comments:

Azaleamum said...

Loved those Christmas sweaters. Still have most of mine and I had enough to wear a different one during the holidays! And a skirt like you have on. The hairdo? - didn't have that style. But did wear jogging suits. Comfy.

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

I had a couple of those jogging suits too! ;) Had being the operative word of course! ha ha

Gail said...

Pictures are the history of our life. Without doubt you were just as fashionable as you are now, but different.

I had the Dorothy Hamill cut as well.

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

I am tickled! These pictures are so very fun! Love the hair!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka..Madame Spoiled

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So cute! I had one of those as well....and jogging suits.....and Christmas sweaters.....and ruffled curtains! It's fun to look back and you're still cute as a button!

Something Delightful by Rachel Timmerman said...

Ahh Miss Janice! So cute!! I love seeing old photos. Mama has boxes full of mine and my brothers and sister. We just have so much fun going through them.

Be sure to enter my Milo Paper Notebook giveaway!! :)
http://apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com/2012/09/milo-paper-notebook-giveaway.html

-Rachel @ A Peppy State of Mind

Lori said...

My oh my!! I wasn't sure at first if it was you or not. You were just as fashionable back then as you are now. I always wanted the Hamill cut but I loved my long hair too much to cut it off. I still think it's a cute little style. And I still think Dorothy Hamill is as cute today as she was back then.

Donna said...

You look adorable, no matter the decade. My girls and I wore Hamill cuts back in the day. The fancy jogging suits were all the rage, paired with white Reeboks, I believe. You are sweet to share these pictures with us.

Maggie said...

We were all tacky together back then! Thanks for the memories!