Monday, August 6, 2012

Southern Charm's Devotion Journaling

For those of you who enjoy devotional time, I would like to introduce you to Jennifer at Her Southern Charm.  I have followed Jennifer's blog for a long time and follow her on Twitter as well.  Recently, I started following her on Instagram {HerSouthernCharm}.  She features the most awesome photos of her devotion journaling, with the best "doodling" ever!

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed!"


Journaling is something Jennifer has always done.  She loves creative writing and "doodling"...well, she calls it "doodling" but I call it art!  Jennifer likes to start with Jenni Beck Journals.


Here favorite writing pens are Papermate Liquid Expresso Pens {medium point}. She also likes Papermate Felt Tip Pens.




~PRAYER JOURNAL~
Jennifer and her husband always pray together before bedtime.  Recently, they noticed that they just kept praying for the same things/people all the time.  This is also a habit I have...it's like I have a standard list.  They decided to make a monthly list of things they will pray for so they'll have something different each night.  She designed the blank calendars on Word and then set out to make their prayer list...complete with her "doodles."




~DEVOTION JOURNAL~
Jennifer's journals record her thoughts and spiritual insight...complete with her "doodling!"  Here are a few of my favorites.

"Let go."  What do you need to let go of so you can have room in your heart for mercy and compassion?


"His mercies are new every morning!  How lucky we are."

"Walk right and live in obedience.  A prayer for those that feel like outcasts.  If God says you belong, then you belong!"


"Persistence in prayer:  Ask, Search, and Knock and be persistent!"


My favorite..."I will...be up by 8 am, dressed by 10 am, and cheerfully wear an apron!  The thing is, if I don't choose to find the time to get dressed, and ready for the day, I waste so many opportunities the day has offer."
~Sarah Mae


Now I have a cute Lilly Pulitzer journal and my own devotion book to follow.  So I headed over to Office Depot for some cute pens.  Well, it turns out that I'm just NOT the cute doodler Miss Jennifer is.  So, I'll continue with my devotions but also plan to follow Jennifer's inspiring entries!

9 comments:

Renee said...

Really enjoyed this post.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Thank you SO much for featuring me, Miss Janice! What an honor!!

Katherine said...

I really enjoyed this post! I will I was that crafty and could have a cute journal like this. :)

elizabeth said...

I love Jennifer's devotional doodles as well. She's such an inspiration

Bri Schaaf said...

You and The Southern Housewife are two of my favorite blogs to read!! Love seeing you both interact!!!
Have a most wonderful day!

Melissa88Senick said...

I follow her on Instagram too and her devotional journaling is such an inspiration!!!

AngelaV said...

I will have to start following her. Loved this post.

Something Delightful by Rachel Timmerman said...

She is so cute and inspirational! Great post, Miss Janice! I follow her on instagram and have noticed all her creative doodling and inspirational quotes! I especially love her apron drawing :)

-Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

Madonaldo said...

Do you have the following issues contact Priest Mandaker for the best solution.
* Is your love falling apart?
* Do you want your love to grow stronger?
* Is your partner loosing interest in you?
Priest Mandaker Alamun can help you perform the following spells
*  Fast Working Love Spell
* Make The One I Love, Love Me Back Spell
* Break Up Spells
*  Heal My Broken Heart Spells
*  Binding Love Spells
* Commitment Love Spells
*  Marriage Love Spells
* Friend Become My Lover Spells
* Powerful Love Binding Spells
* Can’t Live Without You Love Spells
*  Kiss & Make Up Love Spell this is designed to reunite lovers
* Good Luck Attraction Spell
* Stop Arguments Spell
* Return Your Ex-Lover now spell
* Have Him / Her Desire You spell
* Keep Your Lover Faithful spell
* Attract Your Soul Mate spell
* Break Them Up Break Up And Return Your Lover spell
* Keep Us Together Forever spell
* Protection And Cleansing spell
* Make Me Irresistible spell
* Click this link witch-doctor.page4.me
* Witchhealing@outlook.com