Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Girls Rule American Idol This Year!


If you are a follower of my blog, you know how much I LOVE American Idol! I've been watching the show since Kelly Clarkson belted out the song A Moment Like This and went on to become the very first American Idol!

For 11 years, I have gotten so emotionally involved with my favorite. This year, Lord have mercy, the girls haven stolen the show!

Miss Jessica Sanchez, from San Diego, is hands down my favorite! Why hasn't this girl been discovered before now? Bless her heart, she's only 15 years old! Last week she sang Whitney Houston's song I Will Always Love You and her performance was a spot-on rendition of Whitney's! To listen click HERE.
To help make it a real singing competition, there are several other fabulous female singers--Miss Hollie Cavanugh, originally from England and now living in McKinney, Texas, is my pick for 1st runner-up. She was also fabulous singing Whitney... All the Man That I Need. You can listen to Hollie's performance HERE.
My vote for 2nd runner up...Miss Skylar Laine, the 17 year-old rock-infused country singer from Brandon, Mississippi who sang Whitney's song Where Do Broken Hearts Go. I really love Skylar's voice and she already has a command of the stage like a country rock star! You can listen to Skylar's performance HERE.
Are you watching the show this year? Who is your favorite? Last night, there were rumors all over the internet that Jermaine Jones will be disqualified tonight on the show for failing to reveal to the producers that he has a criminal record...What a shame, he has a fabulous voice!

I'm not sure what genre the contestants will be singing tonight, but I look forward to hearing what my favorite girl Miss Jessica will bring!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Love these girls too. My favorite is Phil though. I think it will be a fun season to watch.