Friday, January 6, 2012

Comfort Food Craving

Cold weather calls for comfort food. It's been chilly here in South Florida and my cravings have turned from salads to down-home cooking. We don't eat red meat, so I made a Turkey Loaf Pie. It's a very easy recipe* and husband loved it! I added a few of my Taste of Gourmet products to ground turkey, bread crumbs, 2% cheddar cheese, and eggs.

Comfort food on a chilly winter night!
These are the Taste of Gourmet products I added...*Recipe for Southwest Turkeyloaf:

1 pkg Southwest Soup {Taste of Gourmet}
2 lbs. ground turkey
3 eggs
1/2 cup Tangy Tomato Dressing {Taste of Gourmet}
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Mix all ingredients, place in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Serve topped with Suddenly Salsa {Taste of Gourmet}!

Please note: this recipe made enough for a pie and a small loaf pan.

2 comments:

Anastasia Schembri said...

This looks delicious! I will definitely have to give it a try since we are trying to edge away from too much red meat!!

Chaos Cottage said...

Sounds delicious Janice. We don't eat red meat either. I either use ground turkey or ground chicken (my fav) in place of ground beef.