Sunday, November 7, 2010

THE THANKSGIVING TREE

What a beautiful fall weekend we have had here in South Florida! I've been busy taking down Halloween decos and putting out a few Thanksgiving decos. I'm also bringing out the Christmas decos at the same time. Lord have mercy! I thought y'all might like to see some photos of the porch decorated for Thanksgiving...

I peeked out the window this morning and a daddy was telling his little girl what the sign said..."Happy Turkey Day!"
My UPS boy (better known as this shopping girl's best friend) told me that he took a photo of my sign and sent it to his mama in Georgia...so that she would know there were some real Southern people here in South Florida!

Last week the tree was decorated for Halloween. Poof! Now it's a Turkey Tree!!!

I definitely give thanks everyday for my faith, family, and friends!


Pumpkin fever on the tree...


Turkey ornaments, autumn garland, and autumn-toned ornaments...

Pumpkins hiding in the branches...

The crown...a BIG turkey! Gobble Gobble Gobble y'all...

The tree is gorgeous at night. I overheard one of my neighbors walking by the porch last night...she said to her friend "Oh, now she's got turkeys on it!"

A little treat after dinner with my friend Harvey who drove up from Broward County...Apple Cider Spritzers* and Paula Deen's Apple Butterscotch Mini Bundt Cakes.

Recipe for Miss Janice's Apple Cider Spritzers:
Pour equal amounts of apple cider and seltzer water on ice and enjoy!

You can buy Paula's Apple Butterscotch Mini Bundt Cakes and her other delicious baked goodies from the Bakery Deparment at WALMART! Yes ma'am, y'all know I'm one of the new people of Walmart:)

I'm off to have lunch with friends. Have a wonderful Sunday and thank you so much for visiting with me today! Just in case you missed my post on Friday, I'll leave you with a photo of the wreath I hung on the front door...it coordinates well with the tree!

16 comments:

PoshMomma said...

I'm OBSESSED with the turkey tree. How beautiful & what a fun idea. I love how you never miss a chance to be festive, Miss J.! Fabulous.

~M~ said...

I love all of your fun signs!

Lori said...

You always manage to delight! The tree is fabulous. Southerners do love to celebrate all holidays and you do it with panache!

P.S. If you were ever on the People of Walmart website, you would definitely be a "DO". . .not a "DON'T"!!

Lori
(Lmsbartow)

erica said...

all your signs are so much fun and the tree is gorgeous.

xo

Mama K said...

Love your tree!! Beautiful :)

Mimi said...

I love the turkey tree, especially Mr. Tom on top!! You must share where they came from, please!!! And I'll meet you at Walmart tonight ~ it's one of my new favorites.

Sherrie said...

You have the best holiday spirit Miss Janice! I just love your Thanksgiving tree. :)

Lady Katherine said...

Love the turkey tree! The pumpkin sign is so adorable!

Socially Savvy said...

I give "THANKS" for you Miss Janice!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Janice! I want a turkey tree! Too cute!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Miss Janice~

I am so thankful that you did not just skip over Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. My home is all "dolled" up with my turkey decor too. All my girlfriends skipped the "Gobble Gobble." The turkey on top as the crown is a keeper, how beautiful indeed.

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Joan said...

I thought you were going to show a tabletop tree-it's full sized!

Nanette said...

Hi Miss Janice,
What a gorgeous turkey tree and just perfect for turkey time! Faith, family, friends, if we have those we are truly blessed!
Valerie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh I love that turkey topper -- where on earth did you find him?

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What cute turkey day sign! I love the turkey tree with the big turkey crown AND I love it even more because it's outside! I bet your neighbors enjoy watching you decorate it for different things. Fabulous!

Manuela

Miss Janice said...

Y'all,
The little turkeys on the tree and the turkey tree topper came from Michaels...40% off!!!