Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BON APPETIT LE CORDON BLEU!

Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Miami is associated with the famed Paris Cooking School, Le Cordon Bleu. The college in Miami (actually it's in Miramar, Florida), features an on-campus, open-to-the-public restaurant--Tropibleu, that is run by the students and professors of the college, who prepare and serve the meals.
Recently, I enjoyed a great lunch here...very upscale, modern decor...

"Here's What I Wore." The shift is the 'Tutti Fruitti' by Lilly and the white summer cardigan is from Land's End.Love the fruit slices in the pattern...

I wore my white Bonanno sandals and carried a Lilly bermuda bag with a bright yellow cover. Along with my rollring wedding band by Cartier, I wore a silver choker necklace with a monogrammed pendant, the matching earrings, and ring. My ponytail was adorned with a white grosgrain ribbon bow, I was stylin' Chanel sunglasses, and my fragrance of choice for the day was 'Wink' by Lilly.

After such a wonderful meal, I was totally inspired to get out all my Le Cordon Bleu cookbooks and study up! I have taken many cooking classes at The Viking Cooking School in Memphis and also the old 'Forty Carrots' kitchen store location. Although I would love to attend the Le Cordon Bleu, but dare not inquire as to the tuition cost to do so..."husband" would absolutely kill me:)

First up...Le Cordon Bleu, Complete Cooking Techniques. This is an excellent book for those who are just starting to learn French Cooking. It covers every technique you will need to know to prepare classic recipes.
Le Cordon Bleu, Quick and Easy...This is another great book for the starter French Cook. It contains easy recipes that don't contain such high fallutin' ingredients, but taste awesome!

Le Cordon Bleu, At Home contains the actual curriculum taught at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. This book is a must-have. It has 90 lessons, each with a complete menu. Amazing recipes, detailed technique photos, and simple instructions.

Thank you for stopping in today. Bon Appetit y'all!

17 comments:

the pink prep said...

Ahhh, but wouldn't husband benefit from you attending? I suspect he benefits already with all the goodies you're always preparing! You must have an amazing cookbook collection to have these at home. Yum, and yum and future yum!

KDC Events said...

I LOVE the way you plan out your photos. I need to practive that more often! Loved the dress, super cute as always =)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love the cookbooks! I have tried several of the recipes and they are scrumptious!

Your ensemble is darling...every detail perfection! I have not tried the fragrance...I am putting it on my list!

Have a wonderful day!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Oooh I LOVE cookbooks! I just need to put them to use more often!

VA Gal said...

Oh, I love browsing through cookbooks! Also, I wanted to say that I'm a new blogger, and I just discovered your blog and really enjoy it.

The Barnett Family said...

You are always dressed to the tee! I bet your husband would not mind the tuition AFTER you were cooking him some of the delicious meals. Thanks for sharing!

A Hint of Home said...

That looks like a wonderful place to dine. I'll have to look that city up on my next trip to FL.
Your outfit is so cute for summer.
Love your sandals!

Bama Girl said...

First off, I LOVE your outfit! Second, sign up for the lessons! What's the worst that "husband" could do??? HAHA. At least he'll continue to eat well after you've had them. XOXO

M. L. said...

Oh Miss Janice you would look terrific in anything but that is a super sweet little print dress.

Yes, culinary school would be fabulous but we sometimes do have to be practical (I'm going through this myself right now).

Have you read The Making of a Chef by Michael Ruhlman? He attended the Culinary Institute in NYC - it was very informative. I also liked his book Ratio. Just a thought......

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

That sounds like so much fun! I will have to remember that next time I am down around Miami! Also, your outift is adorable -- love it!!

bevy said...

I think you should go... your husband will thank you! Cute ensemble too...

Beth Dunn said...

Love the bermuda bag!
xoxo
SC

Henley on the Horn said...

Well, you looked simply fabulous! We needed to see a pic of you, Miss Janice! I am sure hubby could be talked into sending you to Le Cordon Bleu for a weekend class! What are you going to cook from your lovely cookbooks?

Jo said...

You only live once and let's be honest, the payoff would be enjoyed by all! :)

Fun outfit as always.

Jo

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Miss Janice! we have a Cordon Bleu here in Atlanta. I haven't been but several blogger friend have eaten there! You know, Baby Kitty got his Grand Diplome from the one in Paris! lol Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

midnight macaroons said...

Hi Miss Janice. I hope you are doing well. I really love your Lilly dress. You always dress so cute. I would have loved to have joined you at Le Cordon Bleu College for a exquisite lunch. Sounds like a perfect afternoon. My husband and I returned from our trip to New Orleans. Now I have to diet this week, lol. Have a lovely weekend.

From the Kitchen said...

What a lovely luncheon. And, your outfit was just perfect for the time and place. I used to direct and teach at a cooking school in Charleston, S.C.. It was a very special time with special people. Thanks for the memories.

Best,
Bonnie